PDA

View Full Version : Game Devel with CrystalSpace / CEL / Blender Users?

chris.y2k.r1
05-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Anyone here work with CS or CEL? I started with both of them about a year ago . I managed to put together a team and we are slowly but surely putting together a video game (an FPS of course!) called M~Theory. I'm not going to get into plot details but we'll just say the plot is definitely very heavy and is still a living, breathing document.

Anyway, the one thing we could really use is some Blender talent. Really, 3D artists in general would be great, even if you are an "OK" 3D artist, we could use you. We have a very large list of objects that need to be modeled. There are over 300 items ranging from something as simple as a large concrete pipe to more complicated models like a radio telescope. Low poly count is very important.

The project is 100% open source, everything being used is open source. From the engine to the utilities. We use Gimp, Blender, Crystal Space and Crystal Space Entity Layer and a bunch of other less scripts and programs. The idea is to validate these tools for making a industry quality level video game. No one is getting paid, nor will anyone. It's just a project for "fun" and there are no deadlines as long as we keep moving.

If you are interested in getting involved just PM me :welcome:

uOpt
06-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Having the same problem.

Started a project using Ogre. I wanted to use Blender just to create some minimal 3D models, and I already had textures.

Well, I'm a programmer and I neither get my head around Blender's UI, nor does anything I do look pleasing.

fart_plume
06-15-2008, 10:42 PM
go to source forge .net it's an open source forum for developers, they have a lot of projects going on therre. btw check out vegastrike it's pretty cool they've been working on it for at least 8 years(yes it is playable they just keep improving it and adding content. They just added multiplayer to it)