PDA

View Full Version : Which case should I choose?

TheBlackWaltZ
05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Ok, so I posted a while back asking for water cooling parts advice... Well, I'm back hitting you experts up again lol

I currently have an Antec 900, but it's become miserable to work on. Ok, so with 2 8800gt video cards, 680I and all the bells and whistles one could want, my case is completely stuffed. There's literally no room to work on anything in it. I was thinking bigger, but I need help on choosing whats best for my needs.

I wanted something big enough to store my triple rad, 3 hard drives, 2 video cards, 680i and whatever else I could throw in there (Yes, I have all the pci slots filled)...

I thought perhaps Moutain Mods, or that giant Lian Li case, but I was going to see if you guys have any input. Oh, and one thing I did notice, I don't need more than one powersupply so I was going to see if theres recommendations for fans where these case had room for two power supplies. I was also going to see if I should get a super long power supply or if anyone else had problems getting cords to reach in those big cases.

ANY opinions or advice is welcomed, thank you!:up:

smee
05-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Yep MountainMods or that nice Lian Li, those two are the best. :up:

TheBlackWaltZ
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.mountainmods.com/ascension-duality-mirror-black-powder-coat-original-top-p-463.html

I was thinking about going pro with it and just getting what seems to be moutain mods best. No offense to Lian Li, but I think almost all their cases are fugly.

Oh I did consider the new Antec 1200, I seen some reveiws on it saying it was much bigger than the 900, but I mean seriously, how much space do you need with a triple rad, ALOT!

Any of you checked out the cubed shaped Rogue from NZXT? I have to say NZXT, Antec and Cooler Master make the best/sexiest cases.

Big_Daddy
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.mountainmods.com/ascension-duality-mirror-black-powder-coat-original-top-p-463.html

I was thinking about going pro with it and just getting what seems to be moutain mods best. No offense to Lian Li, but I think almost all their cases are fugly.

Oh I did consider the new Antec 1200, I seen some reveiws on it saying it was much bigger than the 900, but I mean seriously, how much space do you need with a triple rad, ALOT!

Any of you checked out the cubed shaped Rogue from NZXT? I have to say NZXT, Antec and Cooler Master make the best/sexiest cases.

Take a look at the case in my sig. room for 3 rads in the front, and the mb is horizontal. It's a custom (now production so no custom costs) Ascension. But if you like the vertical mb you can still get the 3 rad front.

requ13m
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
quick question along the same lines can a lian li V2110 take two pa120.3's in the bottom chamber??

TheBlackWaltZ
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I would think so as big as that case is.

On the other hand, I really do like that custom Ascension model. I'm going to give them a call tommorow.

Big_Daddy
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Ask for the Big Daddy Special, Ben really gets a kick out of it. I think it is quite worth the price. Think of it as the last case you will ever have to buy. (well execpt for Darthbeavis. He seems to need a new case every couple of weeks)

Istasi
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
MountainMods cases are top-notch. And they'll accomodate anything you want incorporated. Good choice.