PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Corsair RAM, bought from in the UK, now I live in Oz

Jaap74
05-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi,

As title suggests I have a stick of faulty Corair RAM which I bought when I lived in the UK. Now that I'm living in Australia I emailed :

www.corsairmemory.com.au/

Turns out they are just a reseller, obviously !!

Anyone got RAM replaced under Warranty from a country other than the one they bought in ? If so how do I do it ?

Cheers

Sta!nless
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I have never been in your situation, but I can assure that your posting in the right spot. Corsair will take care of it. Good luck!

Jaap74
05-18-2008, 02:40 AM
OK anyone from Corsair on the forums to help me ???

Cheers

Sta!nless
05-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Yellowbeard hangs out here. He's an official Corsair rep. He should be able to get things rolling for you.

Sparky
05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Its a weekend, I'm sure once the weekend is over he'll be in to check :)

noobzed
05-19-2008, 02:55 AM
need assistance too ..

dinos22
05-19-2008, 03:22 AM
OK anyone from Corsair on the forums to help me ???

Cheers

ring up Altech in Sydney

they're a Corsair distributor so they may help
otherwise PM yellowbeard but i haven't seen him on forums as of late
maybe a bit busy lol

Jaap74
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
OK so I logged a ticket on the Corsair USA website and then got an email from a representative. Apparently the ticket I logged is incomplete and I will have to post both sticks of RAM back to them, even though only 1 is faulty. So postage to the USA from Australia and back again, then Corsair processing, lets call it a month. They expect me to be without my PC for a month ? Yeah right ! :mad:

I've emailed back saying that sending both sticks back is not an option, hoping to hear something more reasonable back from them.

In the meantime I email Altech in Sydney as suggested so hopefully they get back to me as well.

Cheers

SoulsCollective
05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
If you bought them as a pair most companies actually will need you to return them as a pair. This is standard, dude, because you can get changes with the SPD settings that will rear their ugly head if you run an old-rev stick together with a new-rev.

Plenty of local places will do cheapie value RAM to tide you over ;)

Jaap74
05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I understand that but why should I have to buy some RAM to tide me over ? It means spending more money in addition to postage ?

Looks like I'm screwed either way really.....

SoulsCollective
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, your options are either send off the RAM and stop using your PC, buy some cheap RAM so you can continue to keep using your PC, or don't send off the RAM at all and flat-out buy a replacement.

It's not Corsair's fault that postage etc. is rooting you.

Jaap74
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Luckily Altech Computers in Sydney have come to the rescue, they are going to test the RAM and replace with some Dominator ones if faulty. I'm going to them tomorrow !

As for Corsair they haven't even replied to my last email query I sent them, pretty poor really !