PDA

View Full Version : Need help Ghosting raid array!

WxChaser
09-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Tried installing Ghost 2003 several times yesterday. 2x36GB Raptors in Raid 0 - as soon as I click on anything in Ghost, it crashes out of XP and reboots immediately. Did a clean format and reinstall, same exact thing.

Thus I come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot and not possibly installing the raid drivers so it's not seeing my array? What can I do? Getting ready to throw the prommy on this afternoon and I want an image before I go too wild.

Thanks for any and all help.

Steve

P.S. Ghost works fine on all my other boxen, just not this one with the IC7-G Max 3 (apparently there's a problem with the ICH5R chipset??)

Zroc
09-09-2003, 12:12 PM
It'll tell you on Norton's site that Ghost won't work from Windows with serial ATA drives. It also won't work with their version of the floppy.

They list several fixes there. What I typically do is make a standard XP boot floppy, and simply copy the ghost .exe to the floppy. You can then use ghost from DOS.

WxChaser
09-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Zroc you rock...thanks man. I was going nuts the last couple of days trying to figure out why it wouldn't image my WD sata raptor drives in raid 0!

Will any other program work, like Drive Image? I am familiar with ghost in DOS & will definitely try that out.

Thanks a lot.

tazdevl
09-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Powerquest Drive Image 7.0 works without a hitch.

Issue with Ghost si restoring to the array.