PDA

View Full Version : Need Better Loop Config, Too Hard To Bleed

No1451
05-16-2008, 08:47 AM
So I got the rest of my parts in, and have been trying to set up my new loop(adding a 120mm rad, a PA120.3 and a FuZion block to the mix), but its damnably hard to bleed it. Its also messy as hell.

Any help on where I can reposition things would be greatly appreciated. I think flipping the 120mm rad might help things a bit, but as it stands I have been cycling the pump for more than an hour now and there is still enough air in that I get bubbles the size of a AA battery.

Anyways, here it is, I might also flip my hanging rad so what is the bottom atm becomes the top, will require me to cut out parts of my case though, and I dont really have the tools to do so atm.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/ChuckleBrother/DSC00198.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the ridiculously bad picture quality, my only camera is in a phone, and no matter how hard you try, it never takes a very nice picture.

No1451
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I can't, its a camera phone, its never taken a good picture in its whole life:(.

And I'm not placing an order for a single small item like a res(none were in stock when I ordered my stuff).

Soulwind
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
So blurry it's really hard to even see the loop.

But, if you put the barbs at the top on vertically mounted rads, it makes bleeding a lot easier (makes draining a bit harder though).

On side mounted rads, having the input line at the bottom barb and the output at the top barb helps too.

On top/bottom mounted rads, I don't think it really matters as everything is horizontal to the water flow...you'll just have to do a lot of tipping in that situation.

Using an actual resevior makes bleeding much simpler as well (although it uses up some space obviously).

That's all I've got. Can you get a better photo? Camera phones stink, but not usually that badly.

EDIT: plus if you've got the loop filled enough so that the pumps aren't running dry, just letting them run for awhile will eventually clear
a lot of your bubbles.

No1451
05-16-2008, 09:11 AM
@Soulwind: Thanks for the advice, I am tempted to flip my 120mm rad the other way around, as for adding a res, if its necessary to make my life easier, I might go looking for one, and some better tubing while I'm at it, this Masterkleer stuff kinks up in a big way. Really not sure where I can even put the res though, gonna have to rethink the whole loop to add one. Sigh, guess I'm going another week without a computer.

I took another couple pics, this one here is the best of the lot.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/ChuckleBrother/DSC00200.jpg

Big_Daddy
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
For your phone, lay it on the desk propped up on some books or something, don't hold it. What pump do you have? is it variable? Do you have a reho you canp ut it on? Something like a Sunbeam Rehobus extreme? Turn it down so that it's pumping as slowly as possible. Or get the bubbles as close to the T line as possible, then turn it off. Rock, tilt, and shake the case to get the air bubbles to the t line, rinse, and repeat.

No1451
05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, MCP655 variable, its running at 1 atm.

How badly do bubbles affect the pump? I know running it dry is bad, but what about running bubbles through it, cause these are kinda large(size of a double A battery down to itty bitty bubbles). When they hit it I can hear a difference in the pitch of the pump, I assume thats bad, but am new to this sorta thing.

H2omg
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Then have fun with the bubbles....

Try these websites, "Mr. I don't order less than 2 items":

Ooohhh in stock
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcre1.html

Ooohhh in stock
http://www.petrastechshop.com/swmchire.html

Ooohhh in stock
http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCRES-Micro-pr-3093.html

Just figured I'd let you know that it's possible to communicate and express a point without coming off as condescending and rude.

Sparda
05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Heh some people is sensitive.....but I find it a bit funny ""Mr. I don't order less than 2 items". But clearly he trying to help.:)

Is that 3 rad with a T-Line in one loop? Then good luck. It doable but take longer time. Maybe a week or several days for all the bubble to come out...well depend..You are not the only one with the problem bleeding with T-line. Well go to advance search. Sometimes you will find the answer faster.

Talking about bubble....feel want to take a bubble bath with some chicks this weekend.:D

edit : well for the price it hard to argue with the masterkleer kinking or clouding. Otherwise go for tygon , 1/2 tube or anti kink coil....

Big_Daddy
05-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Try squeezing the toobing in different parts of the loop. (making restriction) anything to help slow down the pump. Also, is the top off of your t-line? take it off, might help.

Snyxxx
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM
You need to turn your entire case upside down to get all the bubbles out. At least tilt the case to extreme angles and listen to all the bubbles pass through the pump. Also, turn your pump on and off letting the bubbles float to the T line. A reservoir is the answer to faster bleeding.

Cptn Vortex
05-16-2008, 05:05 PM
If you flip your MCR120....your barbs will interfere with the GPU. Trust me, I just installed mine like that..... I'll have pics up soon....

oerekum
05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Do you bleed it like that or do you lay the case on its side? I do that (same case and also a radiator mounted up top) and it bleeds quite quickly.

lennox
05-16-2008, 05:21 PM
it should bleed perfectly if you put the case down on it's rear side (so motherboard is facing up) and hold the t-line (or prop it up somewhere)

just because it's hard to bleed doesn't mean you need to re-loop. once it's done bleeding you're good to go.

madmaxx
05-16-2008, 05:26 PM
youre setup is similar to mine, bleed it on its side ;):up:

No1451
05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I was bleeding it standing at first, then on its side, worked better, still took a long time, maybe I'm just too anal about having air in my loop...

Either way, thanks for the advice, I think I am gonna dispense with the stupid t-line thing, beyond being difficult its just kind of fugly, micro res is on a truck along with 10 feet of Tygon, hopefully it won't kink itself to death in the back.

Also, what would it take to cut through the aluminum around the hdd cages of this case? I am seriously tempted to put my pump in there(all my hdds are external cept my boot drive). The aluminum is pretty thick in there, not sure what to use.

H2omg
05-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Thank you for communicating your "OPINION."

Being that it is your "OPINION" , that I was being rude and condescending, not mine, allow ME to give you some friendly/helpful advice......

KEEP YOUR OPINIONS @ ME TO YOURSELF...

:slapass::slapass::slapass:

At least now I know you're incapable of changing. I shan't waste the effort in the future. Thanks for confirming my OPINION of you.

*rolls eyes*

Jimmer411
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Have you considered unbolting the rad from your case then bleeding?

the problems your having is part of the reason I went with a ufo...

Kayin
05-17-2008, 06:53 PM
First off folks, please, we lose too many good people to flaming. No potshots please. Not a mod, just interested in keeping as many people here as possible.

It looks like you have a good grasp on where to start by removing the t-line.

As far as the bubbles, they really do need to come out if they're that big, and it sounds like you need to top it off as well. The res will help out on both counts.

Not a bad loop, just needs a bit of tweaking. You'll get there.

No1451
05-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah I got it bled and its running as is, side off, and the case is mostly in a state of disassembly(tis a nude TJ09). The setup seems to be a success(should be, I have just a single gpu and a lightly OCed cpu on the loop with a MCR220 and a PA120.3), BUT now I have a fair amount of headroom if I don't miss my guess.

Anyone have an idea of a better configuration? I figure it will be neater if I have the tubes for the back rad coming in at the top, but again, I currently don't have the tools, gonna need to borrow some from my father....sigh I guess its time to try and be a good son.

I've also thought about spinning it off into 2 loops, MCR220/MCR120 on the CPU loop, and the GPU(two if the 9900s live up to the hype) on the PA120.3, and possibly the chipset when I replace this mobo. Ah well, that is a few months away, when I am more sure of my abilities.

Something bothers me about my fans, would it be at all harmful to merge all 3 of my back fans onto a single 3-pin connector? Or will that be too much juice for it to provide? Little lost on that front.

madmaxx
05-17-2008, 07:15 PM
any chance of slightly clearer piks?

"daisy chaining" three fans should not be a problem, which fans and where is the power coming from?

No1451
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah I am not enthused by the idea of changing the loop entirely, though I am going to change it either way, some of the tubing definately needs to be replaced with the tygon stuff I ordered, this stuff is too thin-walled, its near to collapsing in some areas, even WITH some zipties to help it hold its shape. Figured, so long as I'm replumbing half of it, I may as well go to a smarter setup.

Awesome, thanks for that link. Just hope I can do half as good a job as he did, though I likely won't bother sleeving the cables, I am more a fan of running them through some hidden places, so I won't see 'em anyways. Many thanks.

Jimmer411
05-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Your loop is fine as is. Unbolting the rads and unplugging the video card will make worlds of differences when bleeding