PDA

View Full Version : Returning to water cooling!

thenrz
05-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Alright. I come for advice, to make sure that I don't do this alll the wrong way :)

I currently have an old kit form 1-a Cooling. I don't know the exact model number, but I have the CPU block, chipset, and VGA blocks. The system is 3/8". The radiator is a dual 120mm (really nice rad, easy to mount to). Now, what I want to do is get a new CPU block, for my Opteron 165 (S939) with 1/2" barbs and tubing. I want to get a DD RBX...why? Because I like the look of three barbs :) I want to keep the system completely internal in my Tt Armor case.

Here's what I want to do...

Create a new loop with a Via Aqua I have sitting around for the RBX. Combine the 1a cooling and RBX loops just before the rad with y-joints and reduce the lines to 3/8". To the radiator! Break the loops out afterwards, doing the opposite of before the radiator. There will be two seperate reservoirs, each actively cooled (I work with a lot of metal extrusion that we use as sidewings to cool motor controllers) with heatsinks and fans.

Now, here's where my questions begin! Will using only one radiator kill my cooling...period? I don't know how much heat I'm outputting...my Opteron is overclocked a bit (why else would I have bought one :P), my 7900gt isn't a heat generating engine, and the nf4 chipset isn't either...

I'm on a pretty tight budget, enough that I'd like to try and avoid getting another radiator to cool the 1/2" loop.

I'll get come pictures when I retrieve my box from my parent's place as I just moved...and have more PC modding space :)

OK! I've layed it out, now hit me with ya'lls godly watercooling advice :)

EDIT: http://www.overclockers.com/articles1122/ - That's pretty much what I have, plus a few more blocks :) I'm replacing the CPU block, too restrictive!