PDA

View Full Version : OCZ DDR1600 Plat - D9JNL - Need a little help @ 800

chris.y2k.r1
05-14-2008, 06:49 AM
I could use a little advice. My rig is Asus Max. Extreme, E8400 and 2x1GB DDR1600 OCZ Platinum (D9JNL). My problem is this. I have 3 of these at this moment. Well, I have 3 that work and 1 bad one. I have to return 2 of them to OCZ. So I need to return 1 bad and 1 good.

Now, 1 stick by it self with do 800 7 7 7 20 @ 1.96 no problem. But as soon as I install the second stick (Either of the two - or any combination of 2 sticks at all) I cannot even manage 750 7 7 7 20 @ ??? for more than an hour in OCCT without failing. I know it's the memory as 1 stick will run for over 12 hours in OCCT. So, any advice? What gets stressed when you insert the second stick? The memory controller on the NB? I've tried many different settings but I'm still struggling getting it to simple run at stock speeds. Any help would be appreciated.

saaya
05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
matching pairs is not that easy :D
if i were you id ask ocz if you can send them both kits back and have them match a 4 stick kit for you :)
Dont know if they can do that... but word is they have excellent support :)

even then you might have to tweak your chipset and play with the clock skews and chipset voltage and timings.
running 4 sticks is not plug and play... it never has been... :D