PDA

View Full Version : CM-690 Build Log

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 11:52 AM
OK, So I am new to building computer to very familiar with custom work. I have been working on and building cars for a while. I am also a mechanical engineering student so i have a decent idea of what I am doing. I am not a gamer or benchmark guy. Just curious so i got myself a project.

Here are the compents going into the system:
XFX 790i Ultra
Intel Q6600 G0
4 Gigs OCZ 1,800 Mhz DDR3
2X 147gb 15K SAS drives (RAID 0) for programs and OS
1Tb 7,200 RPM SATA drive
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
2X XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition
Adaptec 5405 (1.2Ghz) RAID/SAS Controller

That is it as far as the System goes, now for the coose stuff, the WC'ing setup. Everything is going to be mounted internally also. Nothing will be seen from the outside.
360 GT Stealth
Laing D5 Vario Pump
D-Tek Fuzion V2 w/ Quad plate
Danger Den 5.25" bay reservoir
All tubing is 7/16" Masterkleer

I am going to sleeve the whole power supply with blue UV sleeving and the case will have 7 AeroCool ExtremeTurbine 120mm fans hooked up to a Scythe Kama-Meter fan controller.

All water cooling products were bought from Petra's tech Shop. I have never had as good of an experience as I had purchasing this order. I cannot say enough about the customer service.

There are going to be A LOT of pics. Does anyone know a good place to host photos?

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Reserved for later updates

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
reserved for later updates

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
reserved for later update

evil-98
05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
not a gamer or a benchmark guy?
you at least OC? lol
looks like a great game rig thats for sure.
good luck, the CM 690 is a great case, check out my build. its in my sig.

waiting for an update :up:

smee
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow man, you've got all that and your not a gamer??? Or a bencher?????
Dang...... :rolleyes:

I prefer Photobucket or Imageshack to host images.
Get em up there quick though, cuz:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7383/threadworthlesswithoutptb4.gif

We love pics. :D:D:D

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 12:47 PM
The build will start this weekend. I will get a bunch of pics up. I will OC this thing for sure. It should be a beast when all is done.

I am hoping for 3.8 Stable. I do alot of AutoCAD work so a good precessor and video card is a must.

Also, I am using a Logitech Dinovo Edge and MX revolution with Dual ASUS 22" 2ms Screen, (going to three soon)

NaeKuh
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow man, you've got all that and your not a gamer??? Or a bencher?????
Dang...... :rolleyes:

I prefer Photobucket or Imageshack to host images.
Get em up there quick though, cuz:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7383/threadworthlesswithoutptb4.gif

We love pics. :D:D:D

uhhhh smee, what am i? :rofl:

i dont bench, i play some games nothing too demanding, yet i think my hardware ranks in the top 1%. :rofl:

The build will start this weekend. I will get a bunch of pics up. I will OC this thing for sure. It should be a beast when all is done.

I am hoping for 3.8 Stable. I do alot of AutoCAD work so a good precessor and video card is a must.

Also, I am using a Logitech Dinovo Edge and MX revolution with Dual ASUS 22" 2ms Screen, (going to three soon)

Yeah that keyboard kinda gives it away that you dont game. Also dual screen without going Xfire is something not recomended expecially if your on SLI.

SLI no work with dual monitors, and use a third videocard, the OpenGL and DirectX gets disabled on the third card so its usless besides putting up web pages and excell sheets.

Xfire FTW on multi screen setups.

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=NaeKuh;2986541]
Yeah that keyboard kinda gives it away that you dont game. Also dual screen without going Xfire is something not recomended expecially if your on SLI.

SLI no work with dual monitors, and use a third videocard, the OpenGL and DirectX gets disabled on the third card so its usless besides putting up web pages and excell sheets.

QUOTE]

I actually do not use SLI. I have one card driving each monitor. I also cannot do a third video card because the third PCI express X16 is taken up by my SAS controller.

I also think I am going to go to a QX9650 or QX9770 and get it to 4.5 Ghz stable on water. I think I might need a bigger case in the future as I am going to add 2 more SAS drives. Any ideas for a nice full size case the works well for water cooling?

biftek.
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
I actually do not use SLI. I have one card driving each monitor. I also cannot do a third video card because the third PCI express X16 is taken up by my SAS controller.
Perfect! You'll be fine as long as you don't run into driver conflicts. You shouldn't since they are the same card though.

I also think I am going to go to a QX9650 or QX9770 and get it to 4.5 Ghz stable on water. I think I might need a bigger case in the future as I am going to add 2 more SAS drives. Any ideas for a nice full size case the works well for water cooling?
If you want a large case go for a Full tower Lian Li or Silverstone TJ07. ;)

The will be water friendly and give you a good bit of space.

[cTx] Nooc
05-13-2008, 04:36 PM
I demand pics.

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
pics will come soon

crazy1323
05-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I will get started this weekend and I will take lots of pics.