PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Communication With Sdumper

n00b 0f l337
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Been two weeks of PM'ing you, and have watched you check forums and such from your profile log. I know you probably read the PM's as well.
So get back to me before I have to pursue any other action.
Thank you.

n00b 0f l337
05-09-2008, 02:01 PM
If anyone has any info on his where abouts or if he really is just ignoring me, please post here, thank you.

n00b 0f l337
05-11-2008, 01:56 PM
He owes me money for shipping his cascade to him, and I think he feels he doesn't have to pay me.

n00b 0f l337
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Well he's posting and checking PM box over at BPC, sent him another nice PM asking him to check this thread, he always loved to do everything in public (after of course PM'ing me on BPC), so we can do it all here and in the open Scott.

n00b 0f l337
05-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Bump Scott.

n00b 0f l337
05-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Do to the delays and other problems, I was obviously stupid enough to trust him, hopefully he will contact me soon else I will have to call my lawyer. I have his address after all.

n00b 0f l337
05-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Oh yeah he's on BPC and reads his PM's I send him, Ive sent him one to come to this thread, as we can discuss this in the open like he loves to.

Movieman
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
SDUMPER: IF you read this please contact NOL and the two of you work this out like the good guys I know you both to be.
If there is a communication problem and you want a middle man to play go between I will be glad to help out.
Thanks for reading.

n00b 0f l337
05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
As I will not post PM's, upon asking for him to settle up with me, he was rude and insulting, questioning my personal life, my sanity, as well as my use of illegal substances.

n00b 0f l337
05-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Did you give him a shipping quote or estimate? If it was a quote, than that quote included everything in the plans at that time. However, if anything (hardware, software, related) was changed, you would be entering a new contract thus making the quote void. A new quote might be the same, but if you never gave an updated quote (and it was never asked for) then your actual shipping costs are due to you.
An estimate, after all he was going to pick this unit up, then had me ship it instead. The estimate was when he was deciding for or against picking up. I on more then one occasion told him the price of shipping might change. The fact that the cost doubled due to gas going way up and UPS increasing cost was a possibly at the time that did occur. Plus we checked with 3-4 different shipping companies. Shipping it properly with Hazmat creditials and such added costs as well, as he requested that vs saying "its a box, don't open it please".
UPS did damage it, and thus Scott as the receiver needs to make a claim, however he sent me the form, and from there said you handle it and then has such dissapeared, I cannot make the claim, though I told him I'd help him fill in the form. Now time is slipping away and a claim might be much harder due to his stalwart delays.

n00b 0f l337
05-16-2008, 08:25 AM
LTL Freight. :( At least the form I printed out says the recipitent has to file claim, plus he has to draw up a receipt for repair and such.

Movieman
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
To ALL:
These threads are supposed to be between the parties involved and no one else.
Please refrain from posting in this thread unless you are NOL or SDumper.
Thank you!

n00b 0f l337
05-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks Dave, hopefully though the others words will motivate Sdumper to show his face.

sdumper
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
SDUMPER: IF you read this please contact NOL and the two of you work this out like the good guys I know you both to be.
If there is a communication problem and you want a middle man to play go between I will be glad to help out.
Thanks for reading.

Nope I paid NOL for shipping and he under bid the shipping and delivered late.
Not my problem anymore.

n00b 0f l337
05-18-2008, 04:54 PM
No, I did you a huge favor in shipping while you said you would pickup from the beginning. I then obtained a quote for you from UPS and Fedex, you understood and acknowledged it would be more expensive to ship. And it was more expensive, and to pack. Shipping was a longer process yes, however that does not get you out of shipping costs.
Plus the quote was originally for your reference, and we knew we'd get an exact quote when cost actually came in. Gas and fuel prices went up.

n00b 0f l337
05-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Scott I thought we had this worked out anyway? You just need to file the UPS claim, then you can pay me the rest back, or more preferably pay me back first and you can do what you want on your own sweet time for UPS claim. Either way you owe me the remaining cost. Shipping was $555 plus packaging cost was $90 total, (and then $20 for gas for me to drive that thing to Bethlahem PA to avoid the pickup cost with liftgate), for instapak, pallet, bolts, lumber, and such. Which minus the $225 you sent me originally leaves the total you owe me at $420.

Edit:
And actually I'm willing to say screw it to the gas, thats petty on my part in the scheme of things. So $400. Pay it or get me definititve proof that your filling the UPS claim you said you would.

Movieman
05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Nope I paid NOL for shipping and he under bid the shipping and delivered late.
Not my problem anymore.

Scott:
I think it's reasonable to understand that when the orginal shipping quote was given fuel costs and therefore shipping costs where much lower.
No one could have been reasonably expected to forsee the huge increase.
I ran into this myself just last week.
Mailed a 1lb package with 2-cpu's in it back to Supermicro in San Jose,Cal from here in New Hampshire and it cost me $74.44..
I really think you should sit down with him and work this out as gentlemen.
Thanks for reading.

n00b 0f l337
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Thank you Dave.
As I have now privately messaged to Scott on BPC, I am willing to wait on a claim, however I will ask for an update on a near daily basis if he chooses to pay me with a claim. Or I am willing to take half of the owed cost right now, and he can pay me back the claim on a promised date. I have the credit card bill to pay, and bouncing it another month is not something I am willing to do.

n00b 0f l337
05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Bump Scott

n00b 0f l337
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Again waiting on Scott.
Got a PM saying whats your paypal, figured he had decided to pay up, then nothing, after waiting a week he said he'd rather file the claim and he won't give me any money at all blah blah blah.
I have also cancelled my UPS Reclaim with the cascade, was filling with them, basically to have them pick it back up if he didn't pay a post-delivery COD.