PDA

View Full Version : Can I reuse all the Blocks

ntvh
05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi All,

Can I reuse all Mosfet, NB, SB water block from my MB ASUS P5W DH dlx to apply to Gigabyte X48. ?:confused:

I hope YES. if NOT what do you recommend , where to buy then?

Thanks

NaeKuh
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi All,

Can I reuse all Mosfet, NB, SB water block from my MB ASUS P5W DH dlx to apply to Gigabyte X48. ?:confused:

I hope YES. if NOT what do you recommend , where to buy then?

Thanks

with 220 posts i would hope you'd know by now we need way more info then 1 lines to answer these question.

ntvh
05-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for knocked on my head. Here is my blocks:D. If the info not complet please let me know.:D:up:

Soulwind
05-09-2008, 04:44 AM
CAN you reuse the blocks on a different motherboard, sure . . .

Can you reuse the blocks without having to make some modifications to the new motherboard, that's the real question.

It all depends on the positioning of the mounting holes, the locations of capaciters and other components, and the orientation of the chipsets.

I'm not sure what the layout on the Gigabyte board looks like though. Best thing I can say would be either go out to Gigabyte and find a board
diagram, or (if you're certain that's the board you want) get one and check the layout against the blocks.

Giannis86
05-09-2008, 05:18 AM
just a picture is not enough for that. give some info on manufacturer and model.. measurements would be the best though

ps: i love the looks of the second one..is that the NB block?

ntvh
05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Here we go! NaeKuh
with 220 posts i would hope you'd know by now we need way more info then 1 lines to answer these question.

Any suggestion??? Your request fullfill!!:D !st is asus 2nd is gigabyte x48

NaeKuh
05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
mmm if i remember correctly, i believe asus has funky northbridge mounts, so unless your current chipset block is universal, no asus and gigabyte isnt cross compatiable. :[

Thats why EK has 2 sets of stuff. :\

South bridge i believe will fit.

Mosfet ummm, AFAIK (as far as i know) there is no such thing as a truely universal mosfet block, so i want to say no. :T

ntvh
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
mmm if i remember correctly, i believe asus has funky northbridge mounts, so unless your current chipset block is universal, no asus and gigabyte isnt cross compatiable. :[

Thats why EK has 2 sets of stuff. :\

South bridge i believe will fit.

Mosfet ummm, AFAIK (as far as i know) there is no such thing as a truely universal mosfet block, so i want to say no. :T

Thanks , Man.
I will do some research on the NB

Do you happen to have the website or where can I take a look at the EK 's 2 sets.

AFAIK ??:confused: where can I find it?

Thanks, dude.:D

C'DaleRider
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe try their home page, interestingly full of all sorts of fitment suggestions for all their blocks..........and even weirder, the page is called:

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/

MINIz guy
05-09-2008, 11:55 AM
The P5W DH Deluxe has a 2 clip NB mounting system. I'm not sure of the X48 motherboard, as I can't see the mounts of the X48, but the mounting system of the P5W NB is quite different.

ntvh
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
:DThanks Guys. Don't know these blocks will works & Fit for Gigabyte X48

Mosfet : http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=256

NB and SB : http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=260

Please advise me ASAP. :D