PDA

View Full Version : Have I surpassed what my WC loop can handle?

redphoenix
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
So I just made the jump from my Pentium D 2.66 to my nice new shiny Q6700.

All is well with it, but I did notice my temperatures are higher than normal. With my side panel off I am idling from 35C-40C between the cores. Soon as I start to overclock is where it gets hairy.

8x400 is in the 50-60c's and 9x400 wont even boot, bios shows it in the high 60c's.

Im trying to get this Q6700 to 4ghz, but I am have no luck whatsoever.

Is this the max of my Stealth 120x2 radiator? I am cooling a Q6700 and a X1800XT (but I want to upgrade that too soon...)

Giannis86
05-07-2008, 10:49 AM
its a quad core and that means it will produce more heat..
are all of the above temps idle?
Is the rad hot to the touch? i would replace the rad for a better one..make sure you have some good fans on the rad too

redphoenix
05-07-2008, 10:56 AM
its a quad core and that means it will produce more heat..
are all of the above temps idle?
Is the rad hot to the touch? i would replace the rad for a better one..make sure you have some good fans on the rad too

pretty much idle, FaH 25% of the CPU, thats it. Rad is warm.

Waterlogged
05-07-2008, 11:03 AM
2 things are wrong (if your sig is correct).

1. Storm, they are the best on an IHS and even worse on a quad.

2. GTS, restrictive, restrictive, restrictive. Need powerful fans (static pressure) and pump (high head pressure) to get anything out of these rads. The only thing good I can say about these rads is the do bleed nicely.

redphoenix
05-07-2008, 11:14 AM
2 things are wrong (if your sig is correct).

1. Storm, they are the best on an IHS and even worse on a quad.

2. GTS, restrictive, restrictive, restrictive. Need powerful fans (static pressure) and pump (high head pressure) to get anything out of these rads. The only thing good I can say about these rads is the do bleed nicely.

Okay, Im looking at a triplecore rad. In my price range, its the MRC320. Would this an my Panaflo's and this radiator be alot better choice over my Stealth?

I knew the storm wouldnt be great for this setup. I had it from when it first came out and it was great on that chip. I can see why it wouldnt be good here though. So what are you recommending? Apogee GT? Seems to be good bang for buck?

aspire.comptech
05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Get the new D-Tek Fuzion v2 with the Quad nozzle/midplate thing

According to preliminary results it can't be beat on a quad.

redphoenix
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
damn that block looks good. I think those 2 new items in my rocketfish should be good.

redphoenix
05-07-2008, 01:31 PM
welp, got a killer deal on that rad.

However... Where the hell can I even get the Dtek V2?? EVERYONE is out! haha

[XC] NetburstXE
05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Get the new D-Tek Fuzion v2 with the Quad nozzle/midplate thing

According to preliminary results it can't be beat on a quad.

I'll second this. The FuZioN V2 looks to be awesome, based on smee's testing.