PDA

View Full Version : Am i hot

Shocker003
05-07-2008, 05:06 AM
The big question is what should be the best temp for a water cooled cpu.
Is there any possibility that itīs temp will be the same with the room temp.
When i took the screen shot my room temp was 32°c. (Loop in sig) Am thinking of getting a second MCR220 240mm Radiator for my loop. Please can someone advice me, if it will be a good investment:confused:

Soulwind
05-07-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm assuming those are your idle temps. (By the way, idle temps really don't mean much, what matters is your load temps).

They are a bit high when looked at just by themselves, however, given that you've stated your ambient temp is 32c, I'd say
that's not too bad. Check them under load for a better idea of your performance.

With ambient temps of 32c (ie almost 90 degrees farenheit !!), you'd probably do better investing in an air conditioner than
trying to tweak your wc loop more. At those temps, ambient conditions are going to be your limiter much more so than the
loop's performance. I don't think I could handle sweating as much as 90f would cause while I'm on the computer :)

Oh and if your ambient really is 32c, then you can see that at least some of your monitors aren't reading correctly. There's
no way (without peltier/phase change/chilled loop etc active cooling) that any part of your machine is running at below the
ambient temp of the room.

Kilyin
05-07-2008, 05:48 AM
With ambient temps of 32c (ie almost 90 degrees farenheit !!), you'd probably do better investing in an air conditioner

+1 to that

Shocker003
05-07-2008, 06:23 AM
My highest temp. while running prime95 was 66°c and the room temp sitll at 32°c, is it ok. If i invest on an AC then i wll be selling my rig to pay my electric bills(Germany). I donīt bench, my rig is more or less like a gaming / surfing pc. Damn, itīs not yet summer maybe i will run my cpu at stock speed if the temp gets worst:(.

Soulwind
05-07-2008, 06:30 AM
66 is high but still within max temp ranges for that chip. You're not going to fry the chip or anything, but you'll probably shorten it's lifespan a bit.

Of course if you're water-cooling in the first place, you'll probably upgrade long before you actually wear the chip out. I don't know that I'd want to run 24/7 with those temps (ie folding, etc) but for normal use it should be OK.

You're overclocked, with high voltages, and lousy ambients. You're going to be running hot no matter what you do.

If your ambients get much warmer though, I'd think about dropping back to stock speeds and running with bare minimum voltages. You should be able to get stable with 1.18-1.2 volts at stock speeds. That'll help your temps some if your ambients get any worse.

Shocker003
05-07-2008, 06:49 AM
66 is high but still within max temp ranges for that chip. You're not going to fry the chip or anything, but you'll probably shorten it's lifespan a bit.

Of course if you're water-cooling in the first place, you'll probably upgrade long before you actually wear the chip out. I don't know that I'd want to run 24/7 with those temps (ie folding, etc) but for normal use it should be OK.

You're overclocked, with high voltages, and lousy ambients. You're going to be running hot no matter what you do.

If your ambients get much warmer though, I'd think about dropping back to stock speeds and running with bare minimum voltages. You should be able to get stable with 1.18-1.2 volts at stock speeds. That'll help your temps some if your ambients get any worse.

Thanks for the advice:up:, i presume that i will run stock speed during summer and oc next winter. If i get a better paid job then i will pick up an AC:shrug:

DarthBeavis
05-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I read the title of the post and was expecting thong pix . . .