PDA

View Full Version : Springtime first picture

Entity_Razer
05-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Well this is the first picture of "spring" for me. One of the first decent weekends this year in belgium and I got this killer foto :)

Picture was taken when I was out with a few girls, this little kid started picking flowers near us so I decided "well you walk infront of my lens, so your getting your picture taken"

Here it is :)

apologies for the Watermark but I don't let people use my photo's without me knowing what they are used in/for so....
http://koen.entity-project.be/kidlesswater.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
Usage of this file by anyone except the author (me) is prohibited without written concent of the author (me again)

Soulburner
05-05-2008, 01:42 AM
The watermarks/text are xtreme overkill...really takes away from the picture. The shot is great though.

alexio
05-05-2008, 03:10 AM
The picture is pretty good but I would crop it so there's less grass in the front of the picture and a little less blue of the sky in the top area.

Magnj
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Yep, less grass would do nicely...and take it easy, put your work under a creative commons and be done with it.

jas420221
05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Nice picture...

...but LOL at the measures you are going through so people dont use it. Its a random spring picture for god's sake!!!!

KTE
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah agreed about the watermarks, they're spoiling the pic but I guess they are necessary in a quick way.

Crop the bottom and top of the pic as alexio stated, it'll look far better without an overbalance of one color over another. Plain bland sections of one colour spoil this sort of pic where you have a central themed focal point. :)

I would say try 1024x887, roughly what you're after.

Entity_Razer
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Nice picture...

...but LOL at the measures you are going through so people dont use it. Its a random spring picture for god's sake!!!!

First off, its a small kid, so /tinfoilhat=On beware of the nutjobs crawling out the woodwork /tinfoilhat=off.
Secondoff, i REALLY don't like people using work of mine if its not "OK'd" for release. be it picture be it whatever. Rather this then the picture be used without my concent in a way I don't find it fitting.

And also, keep in mind the watermark is something i whipped on in like 1 minute, including the time photoshop took to boot. :)

l33t p1mp
05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Damn...very nice...
Btw, where is that?

Edit: Ah, belgium, cool.

KTE
05-05-2008, 12:52 PM
First off, its a small kid, so /tinfoilhat=On beware of the nutjobs crawling out the woodwork /tinfoilhat=off.That's a wise way forward mate :up:

WrigleyVillain
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey! That's my house! And get the hell off my lawn!

[XC] Hicks121
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Very cute kid, my daughter is about the same age, is she yours? (be proud if she is brotha).

Hicks

WesM63
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry, the watermarks completely kill it. I can see 1 watermark to show it belongs to you, but 3 BIG ones is excessive. Not to mention, I can't even tell what is going on in the photo with those watermarks.

Entity_Razer
05-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Hicks121;2967335']Very cute kid, my daughter is about the same age, is she yours? (be proud if she is brotha).

Hicks

Nah not mine :)

Seeing that kid does make my dad instinct emerge. Although I warned about nutjobs crawling out of the woodwork, its actually a very cute kid so trust me when I say I'd be dam proud if that little rugrat was mine :)

For all you watermark whiners:

http://koen.entity-project.be/kidlesswater.jpg

Moved the watermark a bit, added homepage (no pics on my homepage though, yet) so the picture is less cluttered. Still haven't cropped the picture cause this is just to show the "Raw" picture. I don't like posting polished up photo's :)

Xcel
05-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Very cute and 'springish' picture :)

Volucris
05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Pose isn't really working out....

Entity_Razer
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
as I said, she aint posing :)

she was picking flowers and walked infront of my camera, so I decided, ok i'm gonna take your picture, so when she wasn,'t looking, SNAP :)