PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here?

hedge
09-06-2003, 02:06 PM
I am really just starting this thread because the forumn has been pretty dead lately. Is no one playing games? Or is everybody too busy playing games?:p: What news from the gaming world?

JAWS
09-06-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm out there, but I play a different kind of game. Nascar Racing 2003 (don't laugh) :p:

Peckers
09-06-2003, 02:52 PM
been very busy lately, no time for gaming..:(
Secret Weapons of WW2 is out, anyone tried it yet?

sjohnson
09-06-2003, 03:22 PM
I've tried the Secret Weapons of WW2 demo. I hope the AI is better on the release, I'm 10 for 10 winning as Ally and 10 for 10 losing as Axis. Very strange "slant" against Axis on the demo...

Amoeba Assassin
09-06-2003, 03:38 PM
yeah school started so ive been busy

got some wolf et playing done today though:up:

I think peckers should be the admin of this board

he is always posting links to new game demos & stuff like that

Peckers
09-07-2003, 01:43 PM
lol
I'm sure xtreme staff would make an announcement if they were looking for new people.
thanks for the compliment though :)

Originally posted by sjohnson
I've tried the Secret Weapons of WW2 demo. I hope the AI is better on the release, I'm 10 for 10 winning as Ally and 10 for 10 losing as Axis. Very strange "slant" against Axis on the demo...

tried the demo and totally agree with you, played the first round at normal difficulty as allied and won even though I was just running around doing nothin, had like 1 kill or something.. not so many fun new stuff either.

shrae
09-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Waiting for HL2 and its mods pretty much... also FFXI, which as MMORPG-style will probably either be awesome or a failure, no middle ground. Most recently I played Enemy Territory, but I tired of it as there just doesn't seem to be enough support (not many servers, high pings, tons of players who try it out 'cause it's free and don't know what they're doing and quit after a week, etc.)

Watching football today, anyway, heh :)

sjohnson
09-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Peckers
.. not so many fun new stuff either. Go to the top of the town building near the flag, the one where you go into the door and down the hallway to the ammo dump.

Take the stairs all the way to the top, some rocket packs are lying on the floor. Drop whatever weapon you have to pickup the rocket pack and machine gun.

Back out in the open, use the space bar (default key) to engage the rocket pack. Pressing it repeatedly, you can fly around nicely ;)

hedge
09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by shrae
Waiting for HL2 and its mods pretty much...

Amem to that brother. :banana:

FFXI, which as MMORPG-style will probably either be awesome or a failure, no middle ground.

I played FFXI at E3 this year. From what I go to see it was good, but I had these silly japanese media guys breathing down my neck to get out of their way. We will have to wait until it comes out and I can play it for more than 15 minutes.

Peckers
09-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by sjohnson
Go to the top of the town building near the flag, the one where you go into the door and down the hallway to the ammo dump.

Take the stairs all the way to the top, some rocket packs are lying on the floor. Drop whatever weapon you have to pickup the rocket pack and machine gun.

Back out in the open, use the space bar (default key) to engage the rocket pack. Pressing it repeatedly, you can fly around nicely ;)

haha, I didn't have a lot of time and actually missed that one. thanks for the heads up sjohnson:) It's quite fun but I don't know... feels like I could do without it, something like that would be of absolutely no use in (real)battle.

The rocket plane is pretty sweet, but DAMN it's fast! very difficult to to get any good hits, but then again I suck at all flying :)
I like the Axis Sniper Rifle, thougt it is a bit too efficient.

Amoeba Assassin
09-08-2003, 04:50 PM
the jet pack in Secret weapons is pretty cool

Ulfar
09-10-2003, 05:22 AM
bah sekrat weapons sux, not as good as i would want it to be for 30 daala