PDA

View Full Version : [KUDOS!] Dominator RMA Story

Stanley Pain
04-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Just wanted to say that Corsair has been incredibly awesome with their RMA service.

My Quad 8500 Dominators decided they didn't want to play nice (1.x rev), and 3 of the 4 DIMMS couldn't pass memtest86. I opened an RMA with Corsair (thanks Yellowbeard and ramguy!) and sent my memory in. Thankfully I had some spare DIMMS to tide me over.

The turn around time was very quick (24 hrs), and the shipping time was 2 days (US->Canada). I received rev 2.x DIMMS and I have to say I'm really REALLY liking them. Not only that, but I got a full retail box back which included another fan. Which is awesome, because my original one was starting to run loudly.

No more DET DRAM issues, running @ stock on 1.9v. Going to see how they do OC wise, but it's just nice to have a system running stable @ stock speeds on memory.

Thanks again Corsair, you've just made me a return customer :D

dinos22
04-25-2008, 06:04 AM
holy smokes
3 day turnaround and you are in a different country as well EEK

Stanley Pain
04-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Yeah I was impressed to say the least. Well technically it was 4 total days turn around because of the time it took me to actually ship the RAM.

What really took the awesome cake was the fact that I was shipped a fully shrink wrapped retail box. That's some really sweet service right there.

I guess they made an insta-fanboy out of me now. Hehehe.

mad_skills
04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Glad it worked out man.:up: Corsair service ok as usual.

Kasparz
04-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Glad to hear that big company takes such care about every single customer :up:

Oliver
04-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Thats smoking fast...

Sta!nless
04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Corsair FTW! That is fast, as where most other companies will only send standard ground.

Yellowbeard
04-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this, it's great to hear positive feedback. :up:

Stanley Pain
04-28-2008, 09:06 AM
No problem. I know how it is. You usually only hear from someone when something bad or unfavourable happens. Customer support can be, at times, a thankless job.

I love spreading some good vibes, especially when the service I receive is great :D

irev210
05-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Glad to hear that big company takes such care about every single customer :up:

took corsair around a month to RMA my dominators

Now I gotta go through the RMA hassle again, as the second set has also died :(