PDA

View Full Version : Hij Avereebaddy!!

TedShred
04-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi all

Ok, my Dr. Nick impression sucks.

I've been lurking for awhile (mainly the modding - mad stuff going on in this forum!) and figured I might as well join, and now post. Pretty much just saying Hi. (Okay, twice)

And this is probably in the wrong place for this post, but as soon as I saw the title of this section it had to be done. (Vonnegut rules)

Anyway, I've been inspired to try a build myself so I hope to have a real post to offer in the future. (I am both a klutz and a noob, so we'll see how that goes.)

Cheers all!:toast:

jimmyz
04-19-2008, 03:31 AM
Hi welcome to Springfie...... D'oh, I mean XtremeSystems :welcome:

You say you are both a klutz and a noob, that should lead to some epic posts...lol Have fun and good luck with your build.:up:

TedShred
04-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Hey, thanks jimmyz. Glad to be here.

It's strange, this new building bug. I think I caught it from here actually. (There was no warning sign!) I'm really looking forward to the build although, alas, it will likely be a bit comedic at times. (Even slapstick... sorry, couldn't help but inject another Vonnegut reference. Just don't get the chance all that often!)

PS - wow, I saw the hbot rankings: you're nudging close to 24k on 3D '06 with HD3850s? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Nice work!

twilyth
04-19-2008, 06:07 AM
:welcome:

There are a lot of closet klutzes here - me included - we just won't be caught dead admitting it. I recently managed to pull a Phenom chip from the mobo without releasing the clamp. That 'if it doesn't fit, you need a bigger hammer' mentality is hard to shake.

road-runner
04-19-2008, 06:09 AM
:welcome:

TedShred
04-19-2008, 07:03 AM
That 'if it doesn't fit, you need a bigger hammer' mentality is hard to shake.

Lol. Ouch. Laughin' with ya not at ya. I can definitely relate to that! (There, but for the grace of simply not having to work on my mobo yet, go I?)

Cheers
@ road-runner "howdy"

TedShred
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm "KevKiev" over at the 3DGuru forum.:)

Thought a "T" name fit when I changed avatar to robothead.

Oh man, you want noobiness?

Just wait 'til I gather up the humility I'll need to ask the question pressing on me atm. :p: