PDA

View Full Version : Turismo:Prolugue is it worth it?

Cpl Ledanek
04-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Turismo: Prolugue....so is this a demo or just half a game...it seems most console sites have different opinion about the game.

I'm not an avid PS3 or console player...but I need something to entertain folks who can't play PC...or if nothing else is on TV.

Should I just wait till the price drop when full version comes out?

RAW-Raptor22
04-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Turismo: Prolugue....so is this a demo or just half a game...it seems most console sites have different opinion about the game.

I'm not an avid PS3 or console player...but I need something to entertain folks who can't play PC...or if nothing else is on TV.

Should I just wait till the price drop when full version comes out?

The prologue version is somewhere between a full game and a demo. The prologue has about 60 cars and 11 tracks so it is not completely devoid of varied gameplay experiences, however the full version has over 900 cars from the last 120 years, and I believe over 60 tracks. I am a huge Gran Turismo fan, I have owned every version since the first one was released, but since I am devoid of a PS3 (and my Xbox360 for that matter - repairs suck) I'm not really going to make a decision regarding the prologue. Is the prologue worth $40? In my opinion, no. I might pay $15 for it at the most, maybe wait and pick it up used after someone trades it in. Hopefully we will see the full Gran Turismo V by the end of this year. :up:

Origin_Unknown
04-19-2008, 03:01 AM
personally im going to wait for the full version. imho its a bit of a rip off buying the prologue then a few months later getting the full version

ReverendMaynard
04-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm diggin it. If I can get 10 hours of enjoyment out of it, then it's obviously better than just a demo....too me.

I wouldn't recommend it to fat asses who sit in front of their PS3 for 16 hours at a time, as it is a bit short. But I've paid more for less so anyone who knows how that feels...the game is worth it.

Stylish, user friendly and one of those games that you can pick up once in a while and burn some rubber without dedicating a life time to it.

BTW, the R8 is nasty on Daytona :)

afireinside
04-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I was a bit weary of spending 40 on it but I did anyway. IMO it's worth 60, 40 is a steal. Easily the best racing game experience I've ever had. The amazing graphics, playing with a G25, and a 60" TV helps though :p:

RunawayPrisoner
04-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I second that. Easily the best racing game I've ever played. After the nightmares with NFS Carbon and NFS ProStreet, this is a really nice refresh, actually. Professional races? Bah... give me a real racing simulation! This is really close to controlling a real car, and IMHO, the only thing that would make it feel awkward is the fact that you don't play it with a wheel. Get a wheel with this game. Seriously! Preferably something from Logitech, too.

WesM63
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Sadly I digress. It does look fantastic, I'll give it that. IMHO, its not worth $40, $20 maybe. I'd say rent it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Tracks are very limited. I hate driving the same tracks over and over and over.

Car selection blows. 70cars? Common, you don't even include half of the good ones. That is one thing I always liked about the GT series, being able to buy used cars.

No upgrades. Uhh.. What on earth were the developers thinking. At least let us upgrade the weak car selection you give us. That would add at least another 20hrs of play time.

No damage?! I understood the first two with no damage. However, when Forza came out with damage, SCEA/Polyphony Digital should of taken note. Granted bouncing off walls at 160mhp+ is fun at times, i also want to see what kind of carnage gets created at 160mph+.

and.. WTF is the deal with the slipstream, drafting BS. Mythbusters proved it is a minimal gain at best. If I wanted to play Nascar, i would of boughten a Nascar game. (Dayton + Drafting FTL!)

I'm half tempted to go back to playing Forza 2, because its 10x better at 1/2 the cost.

I sure hope SCEA/Polyphony Digital gets there act together and brings us a REAL GT5.

iTravis
04-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Lot of people say it's not worth $40 since it's not even a full game, some even complain about the control and AI in the game but....I haven't tried it yet so I have no idea. I ain't big racing game fan but I might give it a shot when the full version comes out.

Cpl Ledanek
04-22-2008, 07:18 AM
thanks WesM63 for letting us how you really feel about the game :up:

I guess I'll wait for GRID on PC.

GoldenEye
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
GT5 Prologue looks nice, the online stuff also nice.
If you look it's a biggg demo, so i think €39 is to much.

I bought PS3+GT5 P. packet

I never sould bought GT5 P for €39

turtletrax
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Best Buy had a promotion where you got a Dual Shock 3 for an Xtra $20 if you bought Prologue. Helluva deal IMHO.

Couldnt pass it up :)

Kunaak
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
I got it here...

its nothing interesting.
if you want to go in circles - and do nothing else, then this is the game for you.

otherwise dont bother.
wait for the real version.

the FMV's are great.
the game play however is nothing I havent seen on my 360 already...

pass it up, theres better choices out there.
wait for the real game.

Shaz
05-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I got it free with my PS3. Played it a couple of times. It's GT. It looks great. It's just half baked.

Zytek_Fan
05-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I like it.
The downloadable content makes it better. And Polyphony will be adding more stuff later :)

Does anyone know the song when it's loading before a race?

Celcius
05-24-2008, 02:52 PM
The fact that you can't upgrade and customize the cars kept me from buying it.

Zytek_Fan
05-24-2008, 03:13 PM
The fact that you can't upgrade and customize the cars kept me from buying it.

You don't need to though,
The calibre of the cars in the game makes it worth it.
And the physics are fantastic. I get realistic oversteer when driving my E92 M3 :)

Zytek_Fan
05-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Anyone got the F2007 yet?

awdrifter
05-27-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm a huge GT fan, but I don't think the Prologue is worth the money. Just wait till the end of the year (or probably early next year) when the full game releases. Mean while just pick up GT4 to hold you over. The graphic is no where near as good, but it's got over 700 cars and 50 tracks. You can pick it up for $20 now.