PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 Cannot wait any longer!

Pudi
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
GTA 4 New TV ad

I want this now !!! :eek:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32948.html

(wrong section damn :( )

Knight
04-17-2008, 12:50 PM
GTA 4 New TV ad

I want this now !!! :eek:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32948.html

(wrong section damn :( )

Don't worry... The game will come out for PC some time. :p: (I'm waiting for it on PC. :( )

ownage
04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Don't worry... The game will come out for PC some time. :p: (I'm waiting for it on PC. :( )

Then you can wait for a long time.
I bought a Xbox360 2 months back, mainly for GTA4 :D
I can't wait.

fiskov
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Then you can wait for a long time.
I bought a Xbox360 2 months back, mainly for GTA4 :D
I can't wait.

Bought a PS3 2 months ago just for this..
I can't even work the controller, being the last time i touched a console was the sega megadrive. But I Don't Care!
Can't wait, pre-ordered the standard and ltd edition from two different places just incase.
I would give up hope of the PC version coming anytime soon, personally i'd be suprised if it's avaliable before 2010.

op1e
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Laslow was on Opie and Anthony this morning, he's hilarious. He put them, Jim Norton, some of their production crew, Bob Kelley, and Ron and Fez from the Ron and Fez Show (basically the whole XM 202 crowd) into the game. They played the "Pistweister" fake beer commercial that Anthony sings in it, kinda like a Bud Lite homage. He plays a mob guy in it, so does Kelley. Ron is the fireman that comes when you catch stuff on fire (he'll fight ya, too), Fez is some fruity guy, and Opie is an Irish-American thug. Fittingly, Jim Norton plays an adult movie store owner who you have to deal with on a mission, cut scene and all. Good stuff, gonna have to get a ps3 soon.

SamHughe
04-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't know what you people find in this game? It's untasteful, boring at best.

Wait just a sec...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1983/trell2oo2.jpg

Now I'm ready.

Jowy Atreides
04-18-2008, 01:54 PM
nice flamesuit :)

I agree with you, san andreas was the pinnacle
and from now on there's no real new fresh factors to gta just minor novelties

s1nykuL
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
nice flamesuit :)

I agree with you, san andreas was the pinnacle
and from now on there's no real new fresh factors to gta just minor novelties

Yes GTA-SA was, still is awesome. It would be hard to better from a gameplay/depth perspective. If GTA 4 only equals SA but with improved graphics, I for one will be happy.

op1e
04-18-2008, 04:46 PM
It goes beyond GFX, there are improvements to everything. Especially physics. Every time you fail a mission and have to go through the dialogue in the beginning of it, theres different conversations so you dont have to hear the same crap over and over. Theres way more personalities on the street that have many more different things to say. Theres realistic looking rain, theres different skeletons for each character, so when something happens to them they each have different ragdoll characteristics. Theres even an in game internet. The one cool thing they Lazlo said today was that when you hit a fixed structure at a high rate of speed, you fly through the windshield. The free roaming aspect of it is going to be better as well.

Celcius
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
<--Also waiting for the pc version...

begrip
04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
this is one of the best series of games ever made ! wtf it rocks my pants off

Decami
04-23-2008, 03:24 AM
some of you guys who are doughtful of it, obviously did not read up on the multiplayer aspects as well, also there are pinnacle parts of the story that give you decisions which change story outcome, bigger more alive world, you actually have to hotwire cars witha special technique that is awkward as first but you get used to it, and get faster at it, the more you do it (says a reviewer) no more press a button to steal and the car stops type thing, you can jump onto a moving truck and make your way to the front to steal it on the move, they have now implemented the cover system which obviously works on any solid in the game, so so so many upgrades to this new one, its not gonna be the normal GTA you are used to playing thats for shure, and not in a bad way either.

DoomSayer
04-23-2008, 04:36 AM
i havent pre ordered this game but im gonna buy it.
it looks pretty much amazing.
and i like the fact its a less bling bling character to play with .

MayDay84
04-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Seems that gameplay videos have started to leak to Youtube.. But Take 2 Games is deleting them ab. after half an hour from uploading:) check it out..

phelan1777
04-23-2008, 09:34 AM
A morning show I listen to had a game tester on Cousin Ed, he works for RockStar, as well as they had the game in the studio as one of the morning crew is a die hard gamer.

They spent a good amount of time talking about the game and you can hear comments about game play while they are talking.

Its podcast (I use WMP to listen to it), start @ 1:33:00 to catch the whole discussion. The guy that is there representing the game covers quite a bit about it.

So give it a listen.

Podcast here (http://prestonandsteve.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=330962)

You can either dl it or open with a media player.

Enjoy.

deathman20
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
some of you guys who are doughtful of it, obviously did not read up on the multiplayer aspects as well, also there are pinnacle parts of the story that give you decisions which change story outcome, bigger more alive world, you actually have to hotwire cars witha special technique that is awkward as first but you get used to it, and get faster at it, the more you do it (says a reviewer) no more press a button to steal and the car stops type thing, you can jump onto a moving truck and make your way to the front to steal it on the move, they have now implemented the cover system which obviously works on any solid in the game, so so so many upgrades to this new one, its not gonna be the normal GTA you are used to playing thats for shure, and not in a bad way either.

Now thats something I didn't know. But all the more the better :)

Finally get to hotwire cars wahoo :)

Decami
04-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Now thats something I didn't know. But all the more the better :)

Finally get to hotwire cars wahoo :)

yep, and you get a hint of it in the UK trailer, pay close attention when he jumps into the Aston Martin look alike near the end. for a split second you catch him crouched down under the dash and looking around to see if anyone is watching.

iTravis
04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
The game is leaked and a pirated copy is out, I bet some people already beat it.

MayDay84
04-23-2008, 06:26 PM
The game is leaked and a pirated copy is out, I bet some people already beat it.

Yeah, so it seems to be..Luckily I have aPS3:) :banana::banana::banana::banana: off those who DL the game, i think rockstar should be rewarded by buying the game 'cos this is propably the best thing you can do with your pants on!

GoldenEye
04-24-2008, 05:42 AM
I bought a PS3 2 weeks ago vor GTA 4.

Now 5 day's to wait for GTA 4 :(

MayDay84
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
I bought a PS3 2 weeks ago vor GTA 4.

Now 5 day's to wait for GTA 4 :(
I kno dude, in the same situation... Last week i bought Assassin's Creed to reduce the pain inside:(

GoldenEye
04-24-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm now playing GTA 1 and GTA 2, because i never played the missions.

Knight
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah, so it seems to be..Luckily I have aPS3:) :banana::banana::banana::banana: off those who DL the game, i think rockstar should be rewarded by buying the game 'cos this is propably the best thing you can do with your pants on!

True that man. This game deserves the money. :yepp: I'll buy the game just so that I can go to my friend's house and play it. :eek:

LudLud
04-24-2008, 07:01 AM
imo gta 2 was the best, just the gameplay was really nice =D, and multiplayer for that was awesome too

Jowy Atreides
04-24-2008, 07:16 AM
The gameplay vids on the net of gta iv show it has a good framerate
(on 360 of course)

the past gta games have all been choppy, GTA IV is looking promising

MayDay84
04-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Check out the IGN video review of the game here (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/grand-theft-auto-4/videos/gta4_review_042508.html)

disruptfam
04-27-2008, 05:31 AM
i get it 2morow can't wait

Starscream
04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
my girlfriend has it since yesterday and is refusing to give it to me cause i made a stupid comment :(

I have been checking every store in the city since last thursday and havent found it.
yesterday my girl called me and told me she has it threw some connections.

And instead of saying the logical ''thanx ur the best'' i said ''why havent u brought it over? and btw how did ya get it? did u have to offer sexual favours (and some words that i better not say here)''

that somehow didnt go over all that wel so i wont get it till tomorrow after work when i see her. i betta take some flowers with me to suck up.
Would have given her the flowers anyway but i should rly stop treating her like one of the guys.

atm i have absolutely nothing todo.
every game i play i suck at cause i cant keep my mind of GTA, i even worked overtime to have the entire week of.

ferrari_freak
04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Coming out tomorrow here in North America, can't wait! Going to go pick it up early before school starts tomorrow morning and then going to dream about it all day during school till I get home. Probably going to fail both of my tests tomorrow as well 'cause I'm going to be thinking about GTA IV xD

ownage
04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I allready played 30 hours, and have allready 40% of the game finished. I can tell you guys the game keeps getting better and better. :D
I hope the online part is good.

disruptfam
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
30hours? lol

wish i could play a game that much.Hard to do when you have a life

no offense

ownage
04-28-2008, 11:25 PM
30hours? lol

wish i could play a game that much.Hard to do when you have a life

no offense

HAHA, well, i'm not offended. ;)
I work for myself so i can schedule my days how i want. I'm playing for almost a week now, so maybe 4 a 5 hours a day playing GTA4 isn't that bad.

ferrari_freak
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Well I got the game today. Got the special edition this morning. Controls are kind of iffy right now and the cars all have too much roll but it's just something I need to get used to.

skynet666
04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
After all the hype the last couple of weeks, I bought the ps3 version today, was expecting something big graphically, but i was let down lol played it for 3 hours dont think il play it again. back to cod4 online...

kite7
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
You were expecting an open world game to have superb graphics? You say you're not going to play GTA4 anymore because of the graphics, funny because GTA has never been about the graphics :shrug:

yaddam205
04-29-2008, 10:21 PM
You were expecting an open world game to have superb graphics? You say you're not going to play GTA4 anymore because of the graphics, funny because GTA has never been about the graphics :shrug:

Kiwi's are hard-to-please people...... I know about this.

skynet666
04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry gta fanboys! I just expected a bit more of a jump up in the graphics department. To me it doesnt look much better than the previous generation.

skynet666
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM

Ever heard of oblivion?

How old is this game now?

Graphics are a LOT better than GTA4. Would Oblivion of been as popular if it looked like crap??

MayDay84
04-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't understand all this f***ing complaining about graphics, to me it's all the same.. though i'm not kinda guy who gets something sticky in my pants when worlds best graphics roll on the screen. Crysis, yeah, nice looking, but crappy game all the way in my opinion :/... Important is that playability is wonderful! 10h played GTA4 now and gotta love it! and you who don't see the difference from previous gen., get some eyeglasses :D

ownage
04-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Who cares about the graphics, if you do just download some pron lol.
The gameplay is really good and keeps getting better. Some missions are really cool, like flying a chopper and taking down another chopper. Or robbing a bank and escape by shooting allot and using the metro tunnels to get away. Another cool mission is hijack a prisoner transport van so later on you can kill the prisoner. The missions are not easy like they where in SA, but in my opinion this is a good thing. I also like all the new age stuff in GTA4 like using the internet to read mail about new assignments and the mobile phone. With some missions you have to take a picture with the mobile phone, send it to someone to confirm it is the right person. The mobile phone has a phonebook with all your contacts, which you can call to hang out (playing pool, darts, get drunk, bowling) or ask for job assignments.

deathman20
04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Who cares about the graphics, if you do just download some pron lol.
The gameplay is really good and keeps getting better. Some missions are really cool, like flying a chopper and taking down another chopper. Or robbing a bank and escape by shooting allot and using the metro tunnels to get away. Another cool mission is hijack a prisoner transport van so later on you can kill the prisoner. The missions are not easy like they where in SA, but in my opinion this is a good thing. I also like all the new age stuff in GTA4 like using the internet to read mail about new assignments and the mobile phone. With some missions you have to take a picture with the mobile phone, send it to someone to confirm it is the right person. The mobile phone has a phonebook with all your contacts, which you can call to hang out (playing pool, darts, get drunk, bowling) or ask for job assignments.

Indeed.

Graphics are much much better than GTA:SA which IMO wasn't an improvement at all over GTA:VC which was great.

As for the game itself, the graphics are a huge plus but it doesn't kill the experiance one bit. The options within the game itself is huge which is what I like about GTA:IV over previous version. If you want to go to a club, drinking, throw darts, pooling, bowling, or go on a date you can with minimal to ZERO load time like other versions of the game. Not only that the phone and the options with it make it that much better. As well the combat system seeing the overhaul was a huge plus in my book, seeing that now there is something to work with is a great start to things.

Can't wait to play it some more tonight.