PDA

View Full Version : [D40] How to make better photos?

Catz
04-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey guys,

I have a Nikon D40 and i have been taking a lot of photos with it. Now i want to take some photo's of my own computer but i have so much UV lights in there that my whole picture is glowing with uv :(

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/remcokatz/DSC_0122.jpg

I do have a tripod and i'm willing to learn and try anything you guys suggest :)

I already tried the tips that are given on www.million-dollar-pc.com

Ok thanks for even reading this thread!

Nate P.
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Uh.. take some of the UV lights out of your computer? That's like saying you have a light on in a room and it's lighting the whole room.

Soulburner
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Looks like it's handheld - I'd set up something to set it on for stabilization, and turn off VR on your lens (if equipped).

Put it on A mode and set the aperture to 3.5, 4.5, and 5.6 and keep the one that looks the sharpest. The camera will choose the shutter speed to keep all the pictures the same exposure.

If it turns out too bright or too dark, use the +/- EV setting. Try +1 or -1 depending on what you need, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Finally, keep the camera set to ISO 100.

Nate P.
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Kit lens with the D40 has no VR... unless he has something better than the kit lens.

disruptfam
04-15-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah i'de take a couple uv's out :) too much uv in there

[XC] 2long4u
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm not an expert, so this is more of a question.
Try D lighting in the effects menu.
Also introduce a little ambient light. It looks like the camera doesn't know what to do with the black light.
Some areas look over exposed while others look normal to under exposed.
Maybe decrease the ISO and increase the shutter speed, and use a small aperture.:shrug:

Catz
04-16-2008, 12:32 AM
hey guys thanks for they help :) i really appreciate it!

I do think i need to bring in some "soft white" lights or else this will fail no matter what...

I wonder what kind of lamps though :shrug:

MaxxxRacer
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
do what souldburner said. Only correction is that the D40 starts at ISO200, not 100, and that the sharpest setting on the kit lens (the 18-55 F3.5-5.6) is 35mm of zoom at F8 aperature. At those settings the lens will be about 2x sharper than the D40's sensor can pick up.

Now if you are looking to take pictures of the outisde of the case and not the internals you will either need to turn off some of the UV or have alot of ambient light otherswise the UV will be so bright, not matter what you do you wont get a good picture. But if your just trying to take apicture of hte inside of the case (showing off the UV), the suggestion soulburner gave is spot on.

tetete
06-22-2008, 06:36 AM
dude,, all you need is exposure bracketing

take three photos, one dark, one normal, one bright

combine them all to get the full detail