PDA

View Full Version : Newegg...

Svenn
07-17-2002, 04:05 PM
Well, I ordered a Leadtek GF4 Ti4600 from newegg the other day and it's already shipped... I just checked and they got the MyVivo edition in which I wanted... Anyone know of a scheme to get them to take back my card without a restocking fee and let me order the MyVIVO edition instead?

dmitriyaz
07-17-2002, 04:07 PM
i am pretty sure if its DOA you can send it back...
but i think they are only gonna give you the exact same card instead...
read their policies, and you'll figure something out :toast:

Hardass
07-17-2002, 04:11 PM
This is a pretty good company send them a email and ask if you could exchange it. They may just let you, you have nothing to loose.

Svenn
07-17-2002, 04:16 PM
That's the idea I had Hardass. I just sent them an e-mail because the site says returns for a refund havea 15% restocking fee... I asked if I could exchange with no restocking fee. They are a good company so I think it may work. If not, it's no big deal. It's the same card but with the video in/video out...

Hardass
07-17-2002, 04:18 PM
I returned a chip for refund and they did not charge me restocking.

IFMU
07-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Well I for one have been slightly screwed by Newegg on at least one occasion and it was all on them.

I ordered a huge antec PSU, think it was 530? or something. On the site it had no information saying it was different than a normal ATX PSU.
When I recieved it, I noticed it wasnt right almost immediately.
It had 30 pin connection I think, when normally theres 24? Not sure if the numbers are correct, but you get the idea.
When I called and talked with them explaining that they screwed up. They had me send it back, where I was charged for shipping, then they charged me a restocking fee. And all this took over 3 weeks.

Simply pathetic IMO.

Granted, I do still shop there, but I for one will not continue to give them rave reviews.

Svenn
07-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Well would you look at that... I love newegg...

What about restocking fees? How much? When? Why?
There is a restocking fee of 15% on all returns for refund. Even on defective items. Newegg is not responsible for manufacturer defects. We are not manufacturers. We are willing to replace a defective item. If a refund is requested instead of a replacement we will charge a 15% restocking fee. However, that 15% restocking fee can be waived as long as a new order for ANY item is placed, after the RMA is issued and before we receive the RMA back in our warehouse. New order? No restocking fee. No new order? 15% restocking fee is incurred.

dmitriyaz
07-18-2002, 10:26 AM
well lucky me,
i never been screwed my ANY store,
and i always buy stuff at the cheapest one i find, even if i never heard of it befere. :banana: