PDA

View Full Version : who measured better performance with the quad noozles ?...

andressergio
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey guys

I'm just think that if the quad noozles i installed are restricting the flow and the HW Black Ice 360GT gen 2 rad is also...Do i really having good performance with the quad noozle installed + washer ? I'm really lost cause i been checking my loop for some failures, I still think that i don't have excellent temps, just some 6-9C less than using my Thermalright Ultra Extreme on LOAD, and 2C on IDLE..The only thing is left to check is opening the block and leaving just the washer...

So far i checked for:

kinks, fluid, i re seated, change the direction of the fans (with this i gain 4-5C on LOAD and 2C on IDLE), my D5 vario is at 5....

What's left is as i said, taking out the quad noozle and trying the rad with the Noctuas Vortex...

If anyone checked the quad noozle before installed and after please post a pic with temps...

Cheers
Sergio

Maglin
04-06-2008, 03:51 PM
The TT Ultra 120 is one of the best air cooling CPU coolers out. I don't know what else you would expect going to water. I think what you have got in temp differences are very good. And it's a quad to boot. I'm just changing over to water from a Ultra 120 and I'm only expecting a max of 10*c difference at load. I'm using a panaflo on my 120 right now and though the noise isn't to intense it's definitely something I'm looking forward to not hearing anymore.

From what I've read your temps are in-line unless you go with something a little more extreme like phase change or with a chiller.

andressergio
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
The TT Ultra 120 is one of the best air cooling CPU coolers out. I don't know what else you would expect going to water. I think what you have got in temp differences are very good. And it's a quad to boot. I'm just changing over to water from a Ultra 120 and I'm only expecting a max of 10*c difference at load. I'm using a panaflo on my 120 right now and though the noise isn't to intense it's definitely something I'm looking forward to not hearing anymore.

From what I've read your temps are in-line unless you go with something a little more extreme like phase change or with a chiller.

Thanks pal I think i just getting paranoid with this :D

Cheers
Sergio

DavidNJ
04-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Is that radiator a GTX360, GTS360, BIX360, or Pro360?

Which fans? In push or pull? Is there a shroud?

Where is the radiator mounted? What is the distance between the fans and the wall (assuming in pull)?