PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions

SafeFire
04-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Hey, I'm planning on giving myself a PS3 for my 18th' y/old birthday (hey, I had to find some sort of an excuse :p: ).
I'm headed over to my dads wood shop before long, to build a small table for my dual 19" widescreens to sit on, which is turn will sit on top of my desk.
Under this table my ps3 and 360 will sit, now I know that the 360 will fit, as it's reported dimensions are a good bit smaller.
However, I am having some doubt about the dimensions of the PS3. Sony.com reports it to be 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D), which will just barely fit.

Would anyone here be so kind as to measure their PS3 and post the dimensions?(Metric Units or Inches, I can do the math), for confirmation of these measurements.

Thanks in advance!

ReverendMaynard
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
those measurements are correct.

Also, keep in mind that you need allot of airflow around the PS3 or it will roast like a turkey. They are best suited to stand on end, with the ventilation holes facing up.

SafeFire
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Right, thanks a ton for the confirmation!

I've been looking at getting a dual monitor stand from geeks.com, and just have the two consoles sit freely on my desk. That should improve the airflow conditions, if anything.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, I almost forgot about this thread :(