PDA

View Full Version : Quick Disconnects

Altes
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm interested in getting some Colder non-spill quick disconnects. However I'm wondering how much effect will it have on the temperature? Will it just a be a couple degrees or as high a 5-10 degrees?

To make everything more portable I'll probably be using 4 female connectors and 4 male connectors.

The external water cooling system will have a mcres reserator, mcp655 pump.
The internal parts will be a GPU-180-L06 and GPU-180-H06 block.

(It's a xbox being cooled, else I'd use a fuzion =[ )

P.S For those who understand graphs, here are the graphs for the connects I want:

http://www.colder.com/Portals/0/ProductImages/NS6FLOW.png

http://www.colder.com/Portals/0/ProductImages/NS6PRESTEMP.png

aspire.comptech
04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Why would you need 4 sets of quick connects?

NaeKuh
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM

maybe because he's running dual loops? :shrug:

Anyhow if your going to get quick disconnects the colder ones are the best ones to get.

They have the least restrictions. Dont get koolance. Those buggers are fairly restrictive.

Altes
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM

One set for the xbox, one set for the watercooling enclosure. So it'll be a tube with a male on both ends that can connect the xbox and enclosure.

maybe because he's running dual loops? :shrug:

Anyhow if your going to get quick disconnects the colder ones are the best ones to get.

They have the least restrictions. Dont get koolance. Those buggers are fairly restrictive.

Yup, I am getting the Colder NS6.

Do they make a huge temp diff or just a couple degrees though?

Voo Doo
04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
One set for the xbox, one set for the watercooling enclosure. So it'll be a tube with a male on both ends that can connect the xbox and enclosure.
?
Why not just have one set? I don't see the need to break the system down in to 3(or 4 if you count both tubes) pieces.

Altes
04-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Why not just have one set? I don't see the need to break the system down in to 3(or 4 if you count both tubes) pieces.

Yeah, I know what you mean and I'm still thinking about it. Chances are I'll use two sets instead of four. (NS6 are hella expensive =[ )

But if quick disconnects doesn't really affect temperature, then I MIGHT add another set down the road.

So does anyone know if it greatly affects temperature, or midly ( 2c-5c)

NaeKuh
04-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean and I'm still thinking about it. Chances are I'll use two sets instead of four. (NS6 are hella expensive =[ )

But if quick disconnects doesn't really affect temperature, then I MIGHT add another set down the road.

So does anyone know if it greatly affects temperature, or midly ( 2c-5c)

shouldnt see more then a 1-2C difference AT MOST!

Pedalmonkey
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, they rnt very restrictive.

Altes
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
shouldnt see more then a 1-2C difference AT MOST!

Nice! I'll get the colder disconnects then.....once I have enough money =[ NS6 are so expensive... Thanks for all the help.