PDA

View Full Version : hdd problems please help

mikenam
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
so im trying to transfer a movie to a hdd but it says not enough space. It says 267mb free and 279gb total. So i delete some unwanted files that are 4-7gb in size i think about 20gb total. after i delete it and then try to transfer the movie still says not enough free space. I check the size of the hdd and still says 267mb free and 279gb total. i try and delete another couple gb files and still the same 267mb.

anybody ever run into this problem or read about it?

I have vista 32

panfist
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Have you tried emptying the recycle bin?

mikenam
04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
wow it worked. I thought that since it wasn't the C: drive then it doesn't matter if i empty the bin. i thought everything deleted gets transfered to the c: drive recycle bin. wow im a noob. Thx now i learned somthing new.

panfist
04-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Actually each drive has it's own recycling folder, it's just hidden from view. If you click on view > folder options, there is a long list of options in one of the tabs that includes "Show hidden files and folders." If you check this you will see that all of your hard disks have a folder for recycling. The recycle bin on your desktop simply adds up the contents of all of these folders.