PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys use a pelt with a waterblock like a spir@l or z4?

DisposableHero
07-17-2002, 10:22 AM
because those do not have a special clamping system like the maze3-1.. do you guys just place the cold plate there and just line it up while fastening?

kms
07-20-2002, 07:27 PM
a generous layer of AS helps sticky things together while you line up

MrIcee
07-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Without a dedicated, attachable coldplate it is pretty much fruitless to try to use a pelt...as a peltier needs to be clamped under torque to perform at it's most efficient. I have a Z-4 but have never tried using it with a pelt on my cpu for the above reasons...but have found it to be an excellent block while utlizing -35c chilled coolant. When I was running a pelt chiller...I had a 156watt pelt sandwiched between 2 Z-4's, which were clamped together with 4 6-32 machine screws for proper clamping pressure.

Randi:D

sysfailur
07-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by MrIcee
Without a dedicated, attachable coldplate it is pretty much fruitless to try to use a pelt...as a peltier needs to be clamped under torque to perform at it's most efficient. I have a Z-4 but have never tried using it with a pelt on my cpu for the above reasons...but have found it to be an excellent block while utlizing -35c chilled coolant. When I was running a pelt chiller...I had a 156watt pelt sandwiched between 2 Z-4's, which were clamped together with 4 6-32 machine screws for proper clamping pressure.

Randi:D

Exactly what I was going to say :P Pressure is key, and just sanwiching things together is not going to work that good, so you'd deff wanna figure some way to get good pressure on the pelt.