PDA

View Full Version : Killed Hardrive... noooooo......

AcEmAsTr
08-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Gah, was moving some fans aroudn and a 3pin connector touched the case, shorting the PSU and turning the comp off, pulled plug out back and placed back in(i done this before cant u tell) and it boots up, "boot disk failure" CRAP!

so i commit myself to thinking i need to go spend £50 on a harddrive, till this morning i go and move th eide cable around, seems if the slave 10gig(now dead) was in same ide cable as the master they both wouldnt work, so now its dead, had a lot of stuff including all of my .psd photoshop images :(

thats probably my biggest loss there, but the rest is 're-gettable'

Theres my rant/rave/whatever aboutt he story of me and my harddrive.

Good excuse to get another tho :p: :toast: :stick: :smileysex

CCW
08-29-2003, 03:07 AM
Sorry to hear that *cough* you know you live near me........do you fancy some of my IDE RAID or SCSI gear? lol *cough*

Peckers
08-29-2003, 01:00 PM
I know that feeling, my windows partition died a week ago, no biggie for most maybe but I have a tendensy of putting all unsorted stuff there and hadn't made any backup/sorting in a while so I lost quite a lot of good stuff. fortunately the rest of the disc was ok. It sucks alright..

Sick0fthelies
08-30-2003, 10:48 AM
This year about a half dozen hardrives have blown out on me Its not fun, especially when you have to reinstall windows with a bunch of §§§§ty hardware that doesnt have any drivers that actually work cough network phoneline card and tv tuner cough cough

Amoeba Assassin
08-31-2003, 03:52 AM
that really sucks

im yet to have a hd blow out on me though:)

x2sandman
08-31-2003, 08:25 PM
I've had 2 maxtors die on me in the past year so i finally made the switch to Western Digital

One of them went up in a flame as i was reading a book in my bed next to my computer. It was not a pretty sight.

Attitudx
09-13-2003, 08:44 PM
LOl i can understand the feeling i am on my 4th maxtor in as many months it seems me and harddrives dont get along.. the first was possibly bad from a bad lot, the second got extremely hot so i bought a harddrive cooler while putting my 3rd hd in it it decided to quit working (dont konw if it was me or my 3 yr old grandson but it died to this day i havent opened my case to touch anything that way i dont kill my 4th :)

Kurupt
09-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Before you go out and buy a new hard drive. Call up my work bro "driveguys in Chatsworth CA" I can try and find you a new controler board for that drive.

Liquide
09-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Loosing a hard drive is never fun, not because you have to go out and buy a new one, but because you loose a lot of valuable information ( atleast I do ).

PS. I am to lazy to backup even though I know I should :)