PDA

View Full Version : New Cooling in the pipeline

Marci
07-17-2002, 06:32 AM
Well, finally going on to water tonight *hopefully*... got a NextCool block (GT3 - http://www.nextcool.com/International/watercubegt3kit.htm) free sample today, so add to the equation an Eheim 1046 and a MaxXxpert mono Rad (all temporary until my order from Swiftech / Innovatek arrives) and I should be able to get some half decent results out of my rig at last... Will post any new benches if I get em and a brief review of the block's performance l8r tonight or tomorrow...

majormav
07-17-2002, 06:51 AM
good luck m8ty get that cpu sky high .... cant wait to see the benching results

N8
07-17-2002, 07:33 AM
Marci,

Good luck with your new cooling setup :)

Marci
07-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Oh Dear.... after NextCool e-mailing me for weeks to try their blocks, I finally agreed and received my free-sample today... the GT3-Cube Block.

All I can suggest is NextCool employ some better welders as the block literally leaked from EVERY join... the inlet & outlet compression fittings leaked where they were welded to the top of the block, and the block itself is in effect two boxes screwed together... leaked there too... so, guess who's stuck back on air again... :( Fortunately I tested it before I fitted it ;)

NEXTCOOL... we won't be stocking your products until you can provide us with 10 non-leaking sample blocks (if we get 10 from a mixed batch then we can see what the likelihood of customers receiving a faulty one is)

PiLsY
07-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Marci,

Any chance of you guys stocking swiftech stuff? I want to get me one of those MCX4000's with an 80cfm delta :D. And incase you were wondering the MCW40T (gfx w/b with 80mm pelt and tubing) makes a peachy standalone circuit for gfx cooling with an eheim 1048 and decent rad. Works out very cheap too as you dont need a separate power supply for the pelt. Its rated 8amps at 12v so a decent psu will cope no sweat.

Shame about that nextcool block - tho it did look a little on the weedy side.

If youre on aircooling a nice monster 4000 swiftech would be ideal ;).

PiLsY.