PDA

View Full Version : Chilled water+hose clamps=bad?

afireinside
08-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Since you can easily break hoses after there filled with chilled water would it be bad to use my metal hose clamps? How do I keep it on?

KennethChong
08-27-2003, 09:07 AM
i use em, doesnt really matter unless you move the hoses quite a bit, i still have some flexibility and can move them around if i do it slow enough, just try not to bump into anything, thats all you really have to worry about.

afireinside
08-27-2003, 09:18 AM
I'll test with out them and see if I need them. I only really needed them on my heater core now anyway.

EDIT:I just realised I have plastic barbs on my pump. Where do I get metal ones?

EDIT2: can I use plastic mousting hardware on my blocks?

Sorry for all for the questions but I don't want to break anything.

kup
08-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Once the water temps come back to ambient when the system is off, are the tubes ok to move again? Or do they become stiffer permanantly?

KennethChong
08-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by afireinside
I'll test with out them and see if I need them. I only really needed them on my heater core now anyway.

EDIT:I just realised I have plastic barbs on my pump. Where do I get metal ones?

EDIT2: can I use plastic mousting hardware on my blocks?

Sorry for all for the questions but I don't want to break anything.

You can get medal ones at any home depot/lowes/hardware store.

I woudnt use plastic ones on my block, sometimes it can be a pain getting the insulation around the metal ones, but i dont like the plastic period.

And yea, the tubes are fine after the coolan warms up, or you drain the lines.

afireinside
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
What kind of holddown does the maze4 GPU come with? I'm getting a TC-4 rev2 block for my CPU and that comes with metal holddowns :D Thanks for all the help yet again Chong. Tommorows order time :banana:

Now the question:
To NB block or not. If I do do I have to insulate the DIMM sockets like I have seen before?