PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Phone Tools anyone?

Polizei
03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I can't figure out how to get pictures off my Razr and onto my computer. Read the help file and it tells me about a menu that I can't seem to find. :confused:

sjohnson
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
It it Verizon? If so, it may be "locked." Not kosher to discuss fone hax on these forums, AFAIK.

Polizei
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Motorola Phone tools isn't a hack? Its offered on Motorola's website as a download.

Does one have to hack to get around Verizon's "lock"?

Reznik Akime
03-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Best bet would be to call Verizon and see if they can't unlock it for you. I don't understand why companies do that.

sjohnson
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
You need to do a SEEM edit (do a search, you'll find out how). But, a SEEM edit will void the warranty on your RAZR, so think it over. Verizon has done a number on their phones, to lock you into paying for what Motorola provides, though the phone tools, for free.

Verizon won't "unlock" the phone. They'll just point you to GIN or other pay "services."

justin_c
03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
go to www.howardforums.com
I'm sure the guys there will be willing to help.

[XC] Lead Head
03-16-2008, 07:39 PM
This is how I got pictures and stuff off a verizon Razr

http://www.hacktherazr.com/

Takes a bit a time to get everything installed and working, but it worked flawlessly.

I recommend BitPim over P2k Commander though, P2k had troubles, but BitPim was just fine.

Polizei
03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
So Verizon locked my phone just so I have to buy their damn computer transfer package thing? How lame.

sjohnson
03-16-2008, 08:21 PM
No, so you pay each and every time you do a transfer. Buggerers! Hope my PM helped!

Don't buy the Verizon transfer kit. 'tis nothing but a USB cable, Microsoft MP, and a freely available driver.

Polizei
03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
So, without modding/hacking my phone, is there any way that I can get pictures off of it?

If Verizon locked it for no damn reason, they're going to get an earful from me.

fart_plume
03-16-2008, 09:09 PM
you got e-mail on your phone? if so just e-mail them to yourself.

trance565
03-16-2008, 09:44 PM
if it takes micro SD, you can always go get a MSD card and save your pics onto it.

Polizei
03-16-2008, 10:18 PM
No email on my phone.

It can accept a MicroSD card, but I don't have one, nor do I have a card reader for my computer. Would it be possible to move pictures onto the MicroSD and then transfer them to my computer?

zanzabar
03-17-2008, 12:24 AM
So, without modding/hacking my phone, is there any way that I can get pictures off of it?

If Verizon locked it for no damn reason, they're going to get an earful from me.

u also cant put ringtones or access other things like theams that VRZN sells its part of their media package, sprint dose teh same thing, but ATT and Tmobile dont lock your phone