PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fans blowing into case, bad?

Zaskar
03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Heya guys, just wondering if the air coming though the radiators is too hot to blow through the case, planning on getting a MM duality case and it has to Rad spots in the front and 1 in the rear, would it be bad to have the 2 front ones blowing in through the case and then exhausted in the rear, as apposed to having it exhausting through the front and also in the back leaving only the 1 120mm fan by the mobo and PSU fan to plow in, creating allot of negative pressure in the case, even though its not airtight, the air needs to come from somewhere to blow through the rads.

NickS
03-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Na, the air isn't that much warmer than ambient. I look at this way, do I want my CPU and GPU to be cooler (getting the cold air first) or do I want the rest of my stuff maybe 1-2C warmer. Cold air into rad is like a cold air intake bro! :rofl:

aspire.comptech
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Gives you like 10 extra horsepower!

Sta!nless
03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I actually get better temps this way with the rad mounted on the back of the case.

Xilikon
03-15-2008, 05:11 PM
The usual difference between air intake and exhaust is 1-2C at most, which is nothing as far as case temps is concerned.