PDA

View Full Version : hmm not sure what to think.. got my twin2x4096-8500c5df g kit today and..

zfactor
03-14-2008, 09:51 AM
first off the modules have dirty fingerprints all over the stickers, like black grease or something. second the fan that it came with appears that it has already been screwed down. you can clearly see where the screws dug into the blue paint on all 4 corners. so imo this appears to be a used kit possibly. i ordered from zipzoomfly and i need to send the rebate in asap and now im not sure if i should keep this kit or send it back since it appears it may have already been a return.

does corsair mount each fan prior to shipping them. do they all show the 4 spots where the screws touched the paint the paint when tightend down???

im still waiting for other parts so i cant plug them in to test them yet. what should i do?? thanks

zfactor
03-14-2008, 11:04 AM
hopefully yellowbeard will chime in here soon or ill call for a rma number.. i would not think you should see where the screws were in the paint on the fan??

Yellowbeard
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
On the fan, what I suspect is that the fan was pre-assembled here at Corsair before we changed packaging. Our original packaging for kits with fans was the box which was large enough to ship the fan assembled. On the new kits, the fan is disassembled and in the blister packaging. So, your fan may have been disassembled and repacked.

As for the fingerprints, I can't say how they got there. It could have happened with us during the aforementioned repacking or it could have occurred at the reseller end.

Regardless, if you have a problem with any of this, we can RMA right now. Or, you can test it in your system and go from there. In any event, if you have an issue with either the memory or the fan we'll take care of you. To RMA now or later is your choice and I'll help any way I can.

Sorry for the problems.

zfactor
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
okay great. ill test it out i was worried i got used ram.. ill take your word on this and feel good knowing i can rma it directly if i need to. thank you. ill be in touch if i need to rma it. can i pm you if i do??

Yellowbeard
03-15-2008, 09:32 AM
okay great. ill test it out i was worried i got used ram.. ill take your word on this and feel good knowing i can rma it directly if i need to. thank you. ill be in touch if i need to rma it. can i pm you if i do??

PMs are fine here or at the Corsair forum, wherever you feel most comfortable. I'm still specmike at our home forum.

Sorry about the fingerprints :shrug: and thanks for being cool about it.

zfactor
03-15-2008, 11:52 PM
ill let you know soon as i get it all setup. just waiting for my video cards now.. hopefully monday..