PDA

View Full Version : Getting that clean look in case!

SurfRat
08-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone, I will be starting my first time build in the next month and would like some ideas of how to make the inside of my case as clean lookin as possible.

I decided to buy the X-Super Alien Case (Modified Chieftec/Antec). I have also bought some sleeving for my wires and rounded cables. I would just like to see some pics of the inside of everyones case, so I can get some ideas of how to run my wires! Maybe with an explanation of how you ran them!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Sick0fthelies
08-30-2003, 10:42 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=211391#post211391

not very clean...

DeForce
09-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Just take your time, use lots of zip ties and tuck away!!!! There is no right/wrong way to do it

2fast4u
09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Check into some 4 pin extensions. The longer wires will help you to hide away most of that stuff. Also you might want to look at modular psu's (frozencpu.com) that let you remove unused lines. Take your time and plan ahead is the best way.

Sarcastro
09-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by SurfRat
Hi everyone, I will be starting my first time build in the next month and would like some ideas of how to make the inside of my case as clean lookin as possible.

I decided to buy the X-Super Alien Case (Modified Chieftec/Antec). I have also bought some sleeving for my wires and rounded cables. I would just like to see some pics of the inside of everyones case, so I can get some ideas of how to run my wires! Maybe with an explanation of how you ran them!

Thanks in advance everyone!

If it's based on the basic chieftec design you can tuck away the mobo power cable behind the psu, along with all the connectors you do not need. You can also reroute all the 12v molex(es) for your hardrive(s) through the round hole on the inner-end of the lowest 5 1/4 inch bay. Then take them behind the fdd&hdd brackets to your harddrive. Use the cable rail for the power connector to your optical drive(s).

That should atleast get a clean look. Good luck!

I need to do mine again soon, because it looks like a bit of a mess now.

Deathknight
10-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I don't think there really is a secret to it. Just take your time, get to know all the advantages and disadvantages of your case and try to plan stuff out. Any place you can tuck wires behind is a godsend.

As you can see from my screenshot of my newest rig I am using ribbon cable for my harddrive instead of rounded cables. I think that bulky rounded cables clutter up the case alot. In the next couple of days I will get around to removing the 1 oddball rounded cable going up to my cd-rom (and hopefully get some cold cathods in there! : )

If I had planned it slightly better I could have run a couple of the thinner power cables behind the motherboard. I will probably sleeve the few power cables that will be visible when the window is on and see how much it annoys me that I missed this.