PDA

View Full Version : Disassemble the D-Tek Fuzion?

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Ok being a complete noob here, Im staring at my Fuzion all over and not sure how it comes apart. Do the barbs need to be removed first?

disruptfam
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
these are four screws @ the bottom of the blocks get a allen key/monkey wrench w/e and just unscrew.

Don't have to take the barbs off.

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Well I look and see the allen key and then no allen screws and Im like WTF? Why give the allen key if there aint nothing to use it on.... is it just a free gift? LMAO

disruptfam
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
look @ the base of the block the are four screws in each corner

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh yea i got it already, was just commenting on the fact it gives ya allen key but it uses regualr philips screws lol

Nate P.
03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh yea i got it already, was just commenting on the fact it gives ya allen key but it uses regualr philips screws lol
Really?

http://www.jscomputers.cz/images/dtek_fuzion_2.jpg

Kilyin
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Put the bong down and step away from the computer.

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Really!! Mine has phillips screws and no allen... thats what had me all screwed up and asking about it

Nate P.
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Really!! Mine has phillips screws and no allen... thats what had me all screwed up and asking about it
Can we have a pic? I'd like to see it...:rofl: Seriously though, can you take a pic?

starlon
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Did you buy it used? Or did you happen to buy it with the 775 mount kit pre-assembled?

Regardless, though, you simply have to remove those 4 screws and the whole thing comes apart. :)

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x38/JckRoush/Weirdlookinallenscrews.jpg

Kilyin
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh I see, apparently because the pro mount requires slightly longer screws, Petra probably uses philips heads instead of the allen ones.

I just got a Fuzion today too, but without the Pro Mount. I gotta say, they use some ghetto o-rings/gaskets. Seems like you could easily tear them apart on accident. I guess I'm used to Swiftech stuff.

CrazyJoe
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow ... phillips ... I've never seen a Fuzion with those before. :shrug:

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
See, I didnt have a bong after all... though with how confused me they had me by supplying a damn unneeded allen key I sure feel like I need one now. you sharing?

starlon
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
They come with the mount kit.

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Since this pic is up lemme ask a couple questions... the intake seal goes on the raised black area? And on the back of the washer is a white film and I also see it on the top of the backplate... are these both adhesive?

CrazyJoe
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Since this pic is up lemme ask a couple questions... the intake seal goes on the raised black area? And on the back of the washer is a white film and I also see it on the top of the backplate... are these both adhesive?

yeppers ! :up:

Xerran
03-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh I see, apparently because the pro mount requires slightly longer screws, Petra probably uses philips heads instead of the allen ones.

I just got a Fuzion today too, but without the Pro Mount. I gotta say, they use some ghetto o-rings/gaskets. Seems like you could easily tear them apart on accident. I guess I'm used to Swiftech stuff.

Dude, your right about the ghetto o-ring wtf? They look disgusting with bits shredding off etc. :mad:

Xerran
03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I had to get my Fuzion and Pro-Mount kit from Jab-Tech as Petras was out of stock at the time I ordered. I had to remove the original screws that needed the
wrench with screws for the Pro-mount kit that use philips.

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:35 PM
LMAO, you think thats ghetto? :banana::banana::banana::banana:, ya should have seen it before I pealed off most of the bits that were hanging. I swear with what came off I could have made a spare... should have taken a pic damnit.

Xerran
03-10-2008, 05:37 PM

That was my second gripe, the lame assed ghetto photocopy instructions.
It's difficult to make out the diagram on that paper.

CrazyJoe
03-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Dude, your right about the ghetto o-ring wtf? They look disgusting with bits shredding off etc. :mad:

Most likely you have one of the Fuzion's that require the gaskets to be trimmed of the excess. Mine was one of the earlier models and didn't have that issue, but it appears to be a common occurrence with newer purchases.

Kilyin
03-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm paranoid that I didn't get a proper seal when I put the block back together because of those flimsy, goopy looking o-rings. I was also a little surprised that the hold down plate isn't attached, it just sits on the block. This thing better perform, because going by aesthetics alone, I'm kinda disappointed.

Xerran
LMAO, you think thats ghetto? :banana::banana::banana::banana:, ya should have seen it before I pealed off most of the bits that were hanging. I swear with what came off I could have made a spare... should have taken a pic damnit.

:ROTF:

Well I'm at the 23 hour mark and no leak so I guess I'm in the clear (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179850).

MaXXimus
Thats just a lame to put it together like that though... the gasket thats on the copper side was perfect.

Most likely you have one of the Fuzion's that require the gaskets to be trimmed of the excess. Mine was one of the earlier models and didn't have that issue, but it appears to be a common occurrence with newer purchases.

Xerran
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Thats just a lame to put it together like that though... the gasket thats on the copper side was perfect.

I can confirm the exact same thing bro.

D-tek gasket = :down:

MaXXimus
03-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Rgr that... hey this quad nozzle, I cant figure out the way its suppose to face. From the angled pic online Im assuming the splitter in the middle should be facing left to right?

Xerran
03-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Rgr that... hey this quad nozzle, I cant figure out the way its suppose to face. From the angled pic online Im assuming the splitter in the middle should be facing left to right?

Look at the pictures in this AS5 guide (http://tinyurl.com/2h7j27) notice how they have a red line going across the two core dies? Well the line in the Quad nozzle needs to go between (not across) the two dies. Just remember to note the orientation triangle on the CPU and you cant go wrong.

Kilyin
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I just took mine apart again and trimmed the excess off. You're right, the copper side o-ring is perfect, but that top one... is just horrid. I just got the cut started with a razor and then it would mostly peel off.

For dual core, is it better to just use the black intake seal and no nozzle?

disruptfam
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
dual core 5.5 nozzle and washer afaik

Kilyin
03-11-2008, 07:23 AM
5.5 being the second largest right? What is the 6.5 recommended for?

kinghong1970
03-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Put the bong down and step away from the computer.

:ROTF:

Xilikon
03-11-2008, 08:02 AM
For those who complaint about sloppy gasket, it's in reality black silicon being used in the manufacturing process to hold the gasket in place. The gasket itself is great ;)

The philips screws is included in the Pro mount kit indeed but I used the original allen bolts myself without issues. It never occured to me that it's shorter but so far, it works great so it's not a biggie.

Kilyin
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
For those who complaint about sloppy gasket, it's in reality black silicon being used in the manufacturing process to hold the gasket in place. The gasket itself is great ;)

The philips screws is included in the Pro mount kit indeed but I used the original allen bolts myself without issues. It never occured to me that it's shorter but so far, it works great so it's not a biggie.

I just assumed you'd need slightly longer screws because you're adding another piece of metal in between the block plates. That's from what I gathered looking at pictures anyway, I could very well be wrong, never seen a pro mount in person.

Xilikon
03-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it make sense and they are right to include new screws. It was just me who had a brain fart and didn't think about the extra thickness so I used the same allen keys but it works.

MaXXimus
03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Well i got the second gasket cleaned up real nice just by picking at it, installed the inner seal and the quad nozzle... now all I need is a freakin case. Wish I had known about the 343B's being hard to come by or I would have picked another case, but the side panel with window and dual hdd modules were already shipped and didnt feel like being hasseled with returning it all.

** All these blocks I hand tightened till they were fairly snug, without putting too much force into it... I would assume this is the proper method right?

Canadmos
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
If you want a cube, you could also take a look at www.mountainmods.com

MaXXimus
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM
The cubes didnt get me excited as did the 343B... plus as I said, I already have the side panel w/window and the hdd racks... Im hoping they come in stock within the next few weeks or so.