PDA

View Full Version : Alien Case, any opinions?

SurfRat
08-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Was thinking of buying htis case, and wanted to know if anyone has it or has any opinions on it! Board won't let me post attachments so I will give ya a link to the pics!

X-Super Alien (http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,7674479~root=ocusa~mode=flat)

TheDude
08-24-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm not crazy about the front cover....a little gimicky looking for my tastes but that's just personal preference. It does have some real nice features like removable mobo and hard drive trays and a nice window. What matters most is what do you think? :D

KennethChong
08-24-2003, 12:57 PM
man im so sick of those cases, thats one of the reason i dont use one. Its cool the first 100 revisions, i think they need to come up with some new cases :/

SurfRat
08-24-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm not crazy about the front cover....a little gimicky looking for my tastes but that's just personal preference. It does have some real nice features like removable mobo and hard drive trays and a nice window. What matters most is what do you think?

this is my problem. I love the features, but hate the front cover! I love that it has 6 blue led fans pre-installed. I love that it has the blowhole fan already done. And the removable MB tray and drive trays are a nice plus also! What am I to do!!! :) Wish I could find the normal looking Chieftec with the blowhole done and a removable MB tray!

Smizack
08-25-2003, 07:22 PM
I dig that case. Where can you get one gutted??

SurfRat
08-26-2003, 04:00 AM
I ordered mine from http://www.xpcgear.com/

It's $112.99 with no power supply.
Comes with all 6 blue led fans that UV reactive
Also comes with the temp led and fan control.

Thats as stripped as I have found them!

Smizack
08-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't check your link. I was thinking of this (http://www.alienware.com/sub_pages/alienware_case.aspx).

NyCUndaGrounD
08-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Well i like the new alienware cases, not the one in the picture but the ones on all the magazines. That one looks pretty hot.

Sick0fthelies
08-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Nah, i hate the alienware one, its so overdone. I really like the plain aluminum ones by lianli but theyre so damn expensive and not very roomy, hence i stick with my chieftec.

Amoeba Assassin
08-31-2003, 02:19 PM
I like my chenming case:D

KennethChong
08-31-2003, 02:23 PM
i like my.... uh.....the floor in my room.

x2sandman
08-31-2003, 07:38 PM
I'm glad to see that they finally implemented the removable mobo tray. I used to use one of those cases for my system and it was a pain not having the acessability to the motherboard.

Im not too big of a fan on the looks. I mean it's cool and all but as soon as everyone else on the block gets it, it will get old fast.

sandman
08-31-2003, 08:01 PM
If I had the money I'd eather have a coolermaster or a Lian-Li Pc75. But, I didn't have much money, so I got a black cheiftec and modded it.

SurfRat
09-02-2003, 12:37 PM
yea honestly I bought this case for all the features. The look of the front I could do without, but I can live with it! But for all the features this thing packs, you just can't beat it for $112.99 (w/out PSU)

Removable MB tray was a big seller for me, but I also like the addition of all 6 led fans and the removable HD trays!:cord:

LikwidKool
09-18-2003, 12:21 PM
honestly the old style chieftec/antec cases are awesome. If they just added the removable motherboard tray, and made it 2 inches longer it would be king IMO.

I have an aluminum chieftec and it's great cause I could fit my heatercore in the front. Just drilled a few rivets and out the bottom one hard rive rack came. Still left with another one too. All the cases out today are a pain to try and get the HC mounted in the front of the case. I have been looking all over and no case has all the oprions I want.

x-kid
09-19-2003, 02:24 PM
that case is ok. but yea i like the old chieftec/antec cases more

wespwnzu
10-03-2003, 08:47 PM
just incase your interested they have a new case copying the alienware form called the Predator 801 from raidmax, its not out yet, but you can find some pics of it if u look around.

amd3001
10-04-2003, 09:53 PM
the removable mb tray is nice, but im not into the theme
style cases.