PDA

View Full Version : Corsair HX620/8800GT issues

Buggalugs
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi, Im getting the underpowering issue with my system (HX620/8800GT/X38DQ6)that has been reported by Corsair, other PSU companies, Nvidia partners and Nvidia itself.

Im sure the Corsair rep is aware of it so i wont go into a detailed explanation as i've spent 3-4 weeks and a Graphics card RMA to solve the issue, and i'm tired, but i'm hoping someone has a follow up on the resolution of the problem.

Nvidia just released a beta driver to supposedly address the issue and it definateely helps but not a complete remedy as my system still seems slow.
I cant see how a OS driver is going to completely resolve the issue and seems like a half baked solution to me.

Is there going to be a proper remedy or would i be better off buying another PSU, or videocard like 9600GT.

OMG so much money and poor performance, i'm so mad about it.

Any word or updates??

Yellowbeard
03-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Nvidia does have that new driver out that is supposed to resolve this. If it is not a complete solution yet, I guess we're at the mercy of Nvidia to fully resolve this.

Buggalugs
03-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Unfortunately it doesnt. There are some mega threads about it at nvidia and various 8800GT subvendor sites but my subvendor suggests i "try" another PSU. What the heck, i'll just buy half a dozen of them and half a dozen different videos cards until i find a combo that works as advertised.