PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling Advice [Lian Li v2100 B w/ Dual Loops]

.technob0y
03-04-2008, 03:26 AM
I've been lately looking at watercooling for the pc im finally going to build sometime when I order all the parts next week. Im wondering is this can work out with a Lian Li V2100-B w/ Window. Also if its possible to fit 2 radiators in the bottom of the case with the dual psu bracket & is it possible not to cut out the case for fan holes/mesh and have enough air flow?

Im going to be cooling a Q6600 g0 and 2 8800 gt's. Im thinking of going dual loops.

CPU Loop:
CPU Waterblock: MC-TDX, Swiftech Apogee GTX, Fuzion, or Stinger V8
Radiator: Thermochill 120.3 or a Black Ice GTX 480
Pump: Innovatek Eheim Circulating PCPS-Pump 12V w/ Integrated Reservoir [Wondering if this pump will do ok for this loop as I am looking for a pump with a built in reservior for saved space, or should I just go with an EK res.]

GPU Loop:
GPU Waterblocks: EK 8800 GT's or Danger Den 8800 GT Full Cover.
Radiator: Thermochill 120.3 or a Black Ice GTX 480
Pump: Same as above [Innovatek Eheim Circulating PCPS-Pump 12V w/ Integrated Reservoir ]
Fans: (8x) Zalman 120mm Premium Red LED Fan from performance-pcs
Coolent: CrazyPC UV Lava Red Reactive Dye 2 Oz. & CrazyPC UV Plasma Blue Reactive Dye 2 Oz.
Tubing: (10x) Tygon 1/2 Tubing

So is that ok or should I change out anything for when I order?

.technob0y
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
bump?

Jamestuk
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
From what i've read that sounds a bit overkill for your CPU loop (radiator wise), unless you were watercooling your NB etc as well. I could be wrong though... I guess it depends on how much you want to spend and how much space you have :)

Tw1st3d
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM
One PA3.120 can easily cool gfx and cpu

go with the fuzion - from what i have read its a really good block.

Get a Laing DDC+xspc top or D5 as pumpe since that the best and for the price IMO

.technob0y
03-04-2008, 01:58 PM
With the case and watercooling perferably up to $1,300 at the most.

Breezyjr
03-04-2008, 03:48 PM
With the case and watercooling perferably up to $1,300 at the most.

From everything I've read here, the 780i NB runs really hot. If I remember correctly it's cause the contact between the stock cooler and the chip is poor, I've heard people reporting temps of 100C.

I'd throw a blocks on the SB and NB, and add that to the CPU loop.

+1 on the DDC and XSPC res top. Check out Martin210's info on pump tops, there's a thread. And, a YouTube video of the XSPC top in action vs EK res top.

On the GPU loop you could scale down to the 120.2 I imagine..

Depending on how creative you get, you could do it easy for your budget.

Of course, if you go crazy like I have, you could easily go over that budget too... :D :welcome:

Good luck...

Breezyjr

Zaskar
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
From everything I've read here, the 780i NB runs really hot. If I remember correctly it's cause the contact between the stock cooler and the chip is poor, I've heard people reporting temps of 100C.

I'd throw a blocks on the SB and NB, and add that to the CPU loop.

+1 on the DDC and XSPC res top. Check out Martin210's info on pump tops, there's a thread. And, a YouTube video of the XSPC top in action vs EK res top.

On the GPU loop you could scale down to the 120.2 I imagine..

Depending on how creative you get, you could do it easy for your budget.

Of course, if you go crazy like I have, you could easily go over that budget too... :D :welcome:

Good luck...

Breezyjr

For Nvidia chipsets it makes sense for a waterblock just cause of how hot it gets, though I wouldn't put it on the CPU loop if your doing dual loops (makes more sense to put it on the GPU loop, after the cards)
But I wouldn't do a SB waterblock, half the reason for going with an Nvidia chipset is for SLI, and a SB block will usually prevent a large card from going in the middle PCI-E slot. The chip doesn't get THAT hot, better off with just a Enzotech SLF-1 (http://www.enzotechnology.com/slf_1.htm) it cools way better then the stock cheep heatsink, and still fits Under any videocard even with the fan.

Breezyjr
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
There are usually three PCI-e slots, and the EVGA uses the two slots that don't get in the way....

breezyjr

.technob0y
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the help so far, but I cant seem to find a waterblock for the mosfet that is connected to the heat pipes? Also I'm not really worried too much about the flow because the CPU is going to be in a single loop and the gpu's might be with the northbridge/mosfet. But what cpu block would be great just for a single loop. Fuzion from what I heard is great for multi block loops but on its own would an apogee gtx be better or a danger den mc tdx. Forgot to add that is it possible to fit 2 quad rad's in the bottom of the case [Lian Li V2100-B] without much / none mods?

Pedalmonkey
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I would get an EK Supreme for a CPU only loop, specialy for a quad. i know Viperjohn makes a sweet block set for the 780i chipset and i think EK has been working on one. you have to remove the entire stock heatpipe assembly to add aftermarket blocks most of the time.

Pudi
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Mate I spend last 4 weeks thinking and researching about exactly the same thing, 2 loops in V2100, and you CAN'T fit 2 thermochills larger than PA120.2 inside with good cooling, without cutting it damn :mad:

disruptfam
03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
depending on which quad rad your talking about you will not 2 in the bottom section without a fair bit of modding.

disruptfam
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Mate I spend last 4 weeks thinking and researching about exactly the same thing, 2 loops in V2100, and you CAN'T fit 2 thermochills larger than PA120.2 inside with good cooling, without cutting it damn :mad:

yeah,modding the case is must to fit the thermochill rads in.I have seen a v2 with a 120.3 120.2 and 120.1 but like you said you will need to cut into the case.Which isn't a big deal for me.But maybe for you

.technob0y
03-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I was talking about the Black Ice GTX 480 2 of them without much modding required.

disruptfam
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
no chance