PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter of Thanks to GSkill

.OCX
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
GSkill,

Thank you for processing my RMA so quickly, and sending me better overclocking sticks then honestly what I had before. I was truly impressed by that, and as indicated have been a long time customer, and will continue to be.Thank you for fixing the SPD table to be compatible with my buggy Maximus board. The motherboard has been nothing but problems since I got it. Thanks USTech@GSkill for forwarding my board issues we talked about in emails to your guys in the shop.

Again, thank you for testing these on a actual Maximus Formula board and lowering the tRFC to be compatible with my boards 0907 max trfc of 42. Everything works great, and no signs of any DETDRAM issues.

:up: :up: Two Thumbs up because you guys deserve it.

.OCX
03-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Woke up this morning to a BSOD. Turns out I have another BAD PAIR of GSkill Memory. This will be the 2nd time I have RMA'd this kit, and I'm continuing to get DETDRAM regardless of settings.

2nd Bad HK Modules I've sent back in last month.

GSKILL TECH
03-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Woke up this morning to a BSOD. Turns out I have another BAD PAIR of GSkill Memory. This will be the 2nd time I have RMA'd this kit, and I'm continuing to get DETDRAM regardless of settings.

2nd Bad HK Modules I've sent back in last month.
what happened?

WrigleyVillain
03-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah their support is top notch. USTech has always been very prompt and helpful when sending an email inquiry even about a kit I don't own.

Update: of course while I was posting he was too ^ :up:

.OCX
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't know what the hell is going on with this PC. One day it works great, next day it doesn't. Don't know if its the RAM at this point as I can get it to POST using a different stick to "trick" it into getting pasted DETDRAM.

The GSkill HK's won't post past DETDRAM after Bios Clear, Default, Values, etc..Whereas they POST before when I got them back from RMA no problems. Clearing CMOS, 2T, Straps, Trans Booster, etc...nothing would allow them to POST.

I'm back to using a Calibration stick of QVL memory to "trick" my PC into getting passed DETDRAM. Now that is not working as well, so I have to put in my Calibration stick and restart a couple of times. Then after a couple restarts, I'll Put my GSkill in and sometimes it will POST.

Then its up and running again...until a Cold Boot.

EDIT: I've been working around the Cold Boot anomaly with this board since I got it in October with regards to DETDRAM on the Maximus Formula SE. So, I think its time I contacted Asus and see if DFi will accept me back.

GSKILL TECH
03-18-2008, 02:43 PM
do you have other ddr2 machine can try on?

i like gigabyte more now...