PDA

View Full Version : yeah baby, just put the old rig from daddy together

nike
03-02-2008, 02:50 PM
heya folks, just wanted to share such a hard adventure
the old pc from my daddy died(no boot, donno what died ;)) and another pc from a m8, the mates pc just BSOD all the time. so i switched rams, cpus and what not. so i guess the board is dead. i ripped the pc from my dad off today and checked the board, it seemed ok. so i put instead of the (now dead i guess) p4 2.6ghz a real old celly 1.7ghz in it. just 512mb ram because i guess the other ones errors. and viola, it said sometimes it couldnt copy files in windows setup. it bsods with the error: bios doesnt support ACPI? what the foack. and i just realised i had the xp install with the nf4 raid drivers in it :rofl: so i let it off. no more power for it. then, some hours ago i decided to get this damn thing going. so i started again. put 2 cd drives in the case. put 2 hdds in the case. jumpered all of the drives. put 512mb ram on the board. cpu insterted. cpu cooler on it. therefor thermal paste applied(as5 ;)). inserted psu in the case. built board into it. set all the cables. put the geforce 4 ti 4200 in there. put a tv tuner card in there, V I O L A, its up baby. man im so happy after the damn work and so happy that it finally worked, i guessed the mobo was dead but its up and running. maybe with a few hits here and there but its alive :cool:. here are 3 pics of her:

and finally time for a cigarette ;)
greetz from germany

purecain
03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
its aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!!!!! lol ;)

Waymon3X6
03-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Way off topic but...

Is that a bong on your desk? Nice.

LagunaX
03-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Hookah +1.
CRT -1.
Frankenstein 1.7ghz desktop - priceless.

MaXXimus
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
LOL bong... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsjVFQlkoHQ

Vryada
03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
offtopic: btw, it's VOILÁ, not VIOLA :P

nike
03-02-2008, 09:15 PM
@purecain: its ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE :D
@Waymon3X6: nah its a hookah or a waterpipe, no good for smokin weed, just evil wet tobacco with fruit flaavour. makes a nice aroma in your room :)
@LagunaX: haha yes that thing is ancient, its born in around 03 so its 5 years old, the cpu died but the celly will keep it alive. omg lol :D
@MaXXimus: that thing looks like a beerbong(used to ex 2l in seconds but after that the beer wants to get some fresh air again, means it will go through your head once again, but in the other direction :D)
@Vryada: aaaaaah ok, didnt know that. so VOILÁ there it is. :P

Virous
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
hookah... we call it an argile'. Double apple ftw :p

nike
03-03-2008, 03:46 AM
@Virous: yeah it got several names, in germany we call it shisha or "wasserpfeife"; or pipe in our circle. in uk/us it is called hookah or argile. And Yeah double apple is pretty cool, we had some quad apple stuff in here. same as peach(best stuff ever from al waha), mint(boomtastic), grape, honeymelon, strawberry, black multi, normal multi, cherry, tangerine, cocos and lots of other stuff, i got several boxes of 250g tobacco still at home and smoke with some friends when theyre with me or we are at home. :) still lots of fun but we smoked waaaay too much so it isnt as much as it was, but 1 or 2 heads with friends are still ok and taste very yummi ;)