PDA

View Full Version : D-Tek Fuzion

spoony
02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Can someone explain the use of nozzles on the D-Tek fuzion for me please? When I use Martin's flow rate estimator and I add nozzles to the fuzion it dramatically decreases the flow rate. Is this a good thing? I want to cool my cpu and my graphics cards on one loop so I would think adding restriction to the loop might cause problems.

Thanks

starlon
02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same concern about the nozzles. I guess as long as I'm in the "Good" or above I should be ok. Try throwing another pump in the spreadsheet. It really makes a difference. I'll be throwing another pump in my loop soon, and then I'll try out the 4.4mm nozzle.

disruptfam
02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168551

here you go

Xilikon
03-01-2008, 05:40 AM
If you're too lazy to read the link disruptfam gave, I can sum why nozzles is a good thing : You will lose flow for sure by going with smaller nozzles but the "venturi" effect make so water will be flowing harder on a concentrated area (it's called impingement), which is directly above the die. This can help reduce 1-2C off at the cost of reduced flowrate.

A good advice would be to get the 5.5mm nozzle for single-dies (C2D and AMD) and quad nozzle for the quad cores. 4.5mm is a good choice if you have a powerful pump or a cpu-only loop.

spoony
03-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks. It makes a little sense now. I was just thinking that the higher the flow rate the better, but I guess you have to figure out which area you wish to put the priority in a single loop that cools multiple blocks.