View Full Version : HELP on Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 and tygon 3603

andressergio
02-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey ppl

Why is it that the max pressure of this pump is:

Maximum Pressure: 50 PSI (3.5 BAR)

and TYGON 3603 1/2" is:

Max. Working Pressure: 25 PSI (@ 73°F)

That's mean that i have to use the pump at min speed ?

Also is it safe to use 1/2" tygon to fit 1/2" barbs, cause i see that 7/16" is used a lot.

Than you all
Sorry for the rookie questions :D

Sergio

Pedalmonkey
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
1/2" is fine, but u'll need clamps of some sort, people use 7/16" b/c that makes clamps pretty much unneeded. plus the thinner tubing makes the hose clutter less around the mobo making routing easier. The tubing will be fine b/c the flow rate will reduce the pressure on the hose a lot.

andressergio
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you Pedalmonkey, i was afraid when i saw those 50PSI, so you say i don't run it at min speed ? what's the purpose of that potentiometer then ? i can think that the more water is pumped the better ? or am I wrong ?

Thank you very much
Sergio

shazza
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Most people run the pump at max speed, so you shouldn't have a problem. I'll leave the scientific answer to others, but rest assured it will work fine.

Martinm210
02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
No worries, that's just the max pressure the case is designed to handle.

The max pressure a D5 can produce even at 0 flow rate is about 5.5 PSI, so even two in series is at most around 10.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170217

But they mean it with the tygon and 25PSI, trust me. Tried hooking it to household pressure, and didn't realize I was going to make a water weenie!

A face full of water later you quickly see how powerful your home water system really is!!..:D

Pedalmonkey
02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
you can use the variable speed for bleeding the loop and getting all the bubbles out.

joecop120
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
It is a circulating pump, and a common residential service line pressure is 40psig. This way, should the pump be used for solar heating, it can be looped into home plumbing. Like Martin said, no worries. Ten siempre suerte con su proyecto.

Conumdrum
02-26-2008, 07:39 PM
LOL Martin! hahaha, I can almost imagine the hose flying around while your acting like a spaz trying to grab it.

Thanks, was a long day.......

Waterlogged
02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
But they mean it with the tygon and 25PSI, trust me. Tried hooking it to household pressure, and didn't realize I was going to make a water weenie!

A face full of water later you quickly see how powerful your home water system really is!!..:D

:rofl:

I actually found out doing the opposite. I tested to see if I could use a drinking water filter with a DDC and it brought the flow to a screeching trickle. Took about 1½ minutes just to pressurize the filter enough for water to even come out the other end, and you guys think a Supreme is a flow killer. :rofl:

andressergio
02-27-2008, 03:29 AM
LOL :rofl:

Thank you all for your comments !!!

What about the tubes ? is it ok to use 1/2" or using 7/16" it's a must ?

Cheers
Sergio