PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Xbox 360 Arcade Console Owners...

MeNTaIPaTleNT
02-22-2008, 12:53 PM
say if u dont play any arcade games and its not hooked up to the internet, do u think the 256mb memory card is decent enough to have a good amount of game saves on it??

i just checked my hdd for the storage required for all the game saves ive saved over the past year and it only uses 186mb...75mb being the entire chessmaster live arcade game

again not connected to the internet, so there will be no downloading new maps, songs, demos, movies, etc...
but it would be ok to play all single player games right??? like guitar hero and have a season in a sports game or **** like that

and can u confirm that as long as a hdd is connected to the arcade console that u can play original xbox games on it??? or is that an issue with the cd drive itself on the arcade console??

i ask these questions becuase i have a premium from over a year ago...i want the new chip and hdmi connection, so i was gonna buy another premium and sell my old one, but my 12 year old sister wants an xbox 360. so my idea is if i buy an arcade console and i use the arcade console with my hdd from the old system...i can give her my old console with the 256mb card that comes with the arcade console and she would only be playing single player games (which she doesnt mind...she doesnt even want live).

i just wanted a few opinions on how much memory game saves take up, but after checking mine i think she'll be ok.

i also wanted to confirm that i can play original xbox games on the arcade console because every once in a while ill play nhl hits or ninja gaiden black. i heard that if u have a hdd on the arcade console, it will work fine because it just needs the hdd to download the backwards compatibility updates...

Linchpin
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the backwards compatibility updates can be downloaded of the net and burned to a disc and then the console is updated that way. I remember a gaming mag I picked up had the latest compatibility patch on the cover DVD and you popped into the 360 and it ran it off that no problem.