PDA

View Full Version : What to do

The_Loserkid
08-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Well, about 2 years ago i bought the PS2 because i wanted a console like all my mates

actually i should've thought first, because now, 2 years later i've got 7 PS2 games and the ps2 hasn't been on in 1.5 year

reason ? 75€ for a game is WAY to F*CKING MUCH !!!!

i mean 75€ ??????? that's like 150% of the cost of a computergame .....

neway that's why i was thinking to sell my ps2 + games and buy an xbox with the money

i'm gonna try to get 80€ for the ps2 + memcard + 2 controllers and about 35-40€ per game ?

but then i was wondereing, is the xbox really such a good console ? of should i get an other console ?
are there any good games coming on the xbox in the near future ?
how much does such a game cost ?

oh and btw, can neone tell me if the xbox can read S-VCD cdroms ? cos my ps2 can only play real dvd's so i'm stuck with 200gig avi's on my stupid computer :( ) i hope the xbox can read svcd's cos otherwise i'll have to have a friend of mine put l*n*x (a dutch swear word :rolleyes: ) on it

can neone give me an advice ?

JBELL
08-21-2003, 11:39 AM
XBOX is great but first off, if you wanna sell you need 100 posts to get into classifieds here - no exceptions.

second:
Xbox is definitly worth a loook at, it runs about $180 american dollars for a new console + controller. games can range $20 to $50 american dollars and the graphics blow PS2 out of the water every game - especially water based graphics ;)

XBOX can NOT read CD-rs but will read CD-rws. My roommate has an Asain VCD - yes one of those and it does not play in the XBOX, also to play DVDs you need the DVD playback kit which is $30 american dollars or cheaper if you shop on EBAY.com

Linux mod for XBOX is a good thing - then you can fold with it when your not fraggin someone.

You can't control the FPS rates like on a computer but so what, people who say they see a diff in 60 and 70 FPS are full of it anywyas in my opinion. I prefer games on game systems and work on my computer... but that is me.

The_Loserkid
08-21-2003, 12:02 PM
the linux thing is my biggest holdback atm
i don't think i can speak freely about that here i guess ?

but i'm quite unsure about what to do, modchip or linux ?

JBELL
08-21-2003, 12:16 PM
u need modchip to install linux

The_Loserkid
08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
u need modchip to install linux

nope
an usb memory stick and some skills will do
(dunno the exact process but my mate had his xbox linuxed withouth opening the case)

you need a v1.0 or 1.1 for it tho
so i'll prolly look for a second hand xbox

and i'm not gonna sell my ps2 here, everyone lives at the other end of the world here :p

JBELL
08-21-2003, 12:20 PM
get the mod chip - you can get a very cool new dashboard.

The_Loserkid
08-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
get the mod chip - you can get a very cool new dashboard.

i don't wanna like solder in it, i'll screw it up
and what modchip do you advise ?
do you have one ??

and how the hell do i get a modchip like that :s
i've seen them for sale on sites, but isn't that like illegal ?

Amoeba Assassin
09-14-2003, 03:45 AM
I would just sell it

At one point I have owned all of the 3 major consoles, but I eventually sold them