PDA

View Full Version : My Twice7 "Madbox"? Project (Low res pics, sorry)

Kyoshinra
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0115.jpg

Hey there guys, as you may have seen like 3 weeks ago, I won an auction on ebay for a twice7 case for like $140. Anyways, after about 2.3 weeks, the guy mailed it out to me, it came nicely packaged, and even had a custom back mounted 3-way led,fan controller, still not sure how to use it, I tried plugging in some UV 4" CFLs into it, but it didnt want to turn on, ill figure it out tho. I am naming this project the "Madbox" because one of my in game names I use often is Madstalin, I would say the project is 75% complete, I plan to put M.A.D grills on the front fans, and I need to figure out if I am going to just get a WB for my 8800gt, or upgrade to a new vid card if EVGA ever decided to release the new 9200 series cards, or w/e they are called.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0118.jpg

Inorder to get this rig going, I had to make more then 1 order online, I ordered from Petras, Jab tech, and PPcs, I have been repeatedly satified with Petras, and found that Jab tech is also an aswesome e tailer, fast shipping, lots of selection, and had what I was looking for, same can be said for petras. Now PPcs, I have a problem with the order I made with them, I ordered 2 1000ml bottles of FESER 1UV blue, they sent me 2 1000ml bottles of alphacool OCool coolant, and when I sent in a request for an explanation of why I didnt get what I ordered, I got a reply back, saying they order there feser coolant from Alphacool, and "The bottle design does not match the Feser 1 product, however, it is in fact Feser 1". I dont care if its infact the "same stuff", its not what I ordered, and didnt appreciate their attempt at trying to make me leave them alone. I have since sent in a reply to the message they sent me, and havent recieved anything back, that was last thursday.(Most places I found, alphacool stuff I got retails for half the price as the feser 1 from PPCs, kinda makes me mad, false advertising?)

What I wanted:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/feser1-UVB_01.jpg

What I got:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0119.jpg

Anyways, let me just say, the Twice7 case, right out of the box, was quite impressive, its sooo lightweight, a shame I had to pay $45 for S&H from AZ to CA, this thing was light enough to light with my left hand while still in the box, with no problems at all. It is much smaller then I expected, and once I started cleaning it up, and putting components in for a test fit, it does feel quite cramped, but thank goodness I got a Modular PSU, a corsair HX620w, that made cable management a snap. Also on a side note, the EK 100 rev 2 res I got, the barbs I got with it, leaked on me the first run through, I tightened them by hand, and with a rachet, they had a steady leak, so I switched them out for DD 1/2 od barbs, and no more leaks, I also prefer the DD barbs over the EK ones, because they have room for the clamps, compared to the EK ones included, which are like multi threaded for the tubing.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0112.jpg

Overall I really like my case, I had a hard time fitting my hard drives into the space, along with my DVD/cd burner, sunbeam rhobeus, and the proposed DD single bay reservoir, turns out the DD single bay is too long, so I just left the top bay empty, but put a antec900 faceplate in there. Also my fans are 2 Yate loons, and 2 Zalman AMFM or w/e, I noticed that the Zalmans I got are kinda loud, and actually if I listen very carefully I can hear a little twictching noise.

Ok enough talk, heres all the pics. Any comments/suggestions are really appreciated, and ty for taking a look. And again, sorry for my low res Iphone pics.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0114.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0110.jpg

Thats an 8800gt 512mb, it gets pretty damn hot in there, with my fans on low settings, the whole siide of the case gets warm to the touch when im gaming, and everest and hwmonitor say the gpu core is at 64c, while my cpu cores are around 30c respectiveley, at idle with room temps a lil under 78f my cpu idles at around 22-28c, at load in same temps load is no more then 35c, and when I turn on my heat at night, and have fans on low, my cpu can go as high as 39c, im running my Q6600 stock, so no biggie for me. my Radiator btw, is a MCR220, I wanted to mount it horizontally, but it is about 4 inches too short to even cover the second right hand corner fan hole, so I opted to mount it vertically, it was a b*#@h to fill the loop with it like that, but I got it done.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0113.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0109.jpg

Lapping my Q6600, took me about 4 hours, I used the $6 kit from Easypckits.com. I liked the many different sandpaper grits they supplied, and 3 hours into the lapping process, and not seeing the results I was looking for, with the suggested "using the weight of the cpu only" to sand against the paper from lowest grit to finest, I found it was better to apply some ammount of pressure, and that lower number grits are for taking away the aluminum or w/e it is faster, and the finer grit, is for basically polishing it to a fine finish.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/calexperkins/IMG_0107.jpg

Anti`
02-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Any chance you can borrow someones camera and take better pics ? As its very hard to see with the low res ones.

disruptfam
02-21-2008, 07:15 AM
you can see whats going on

but bad pics give your build no justice

LOL @ ALPHA COLA!

Rincewind
02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Yikes @ PPC! I have over $500 of stuff ordered from performace-PCs in the mail. I hope they send me what I ordered :P

Nice build BTW :)

dnb#
02-21-2008, 07:30 AM
you can see whats going on

but bad pics give your build no justice

LOL @ ALPHA COLA!

Just what disruptfam said. the build is probably really nice and stuff, props for that. But if we can't get any clear image of what you've done, and how many hours you spend on it. We just can't give you the comments you probably deserve as what i'm seeing.

besides that: "Alpha cola"? whats that? I know Alphacool, but Alpha Cola....Is that liquid that keeps the rust away from your MM case? :D just kiddin'

anyways, nice build, hoping to get some clear pics!

Waterlogged
02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
While I will agree that showing a picture of the Feser bottle then sending the Alphacool bottle is a bit ott, I also have to agree with Hank that you got exactly the fluid you ordered. Be happy you got what you ordered, there are ppl in the UK that never get what they order.

I'll also hand out this info as well. Hank isn't the fastest at updating descriptions or pictures so if you are uncertain about something (like if some company switches from alum to delrin end caps on their res's and P-PCs still lists "alum" in the description but shows delrin pic ;) ) , email them or phone them (this is probably the best choice) to make sure.

Kyoshinra
02-22-2008, 08:10 AM
While I will agree that showing a picture of the Feser bottle then sending the Alphacool bottle is a bit ott, I also have to agree with Hank that you got exactly the fluid you ordered. Be happy you got what you ordered, there are ppl in the UK that never get what they order.

Hmm well, not to be rude or anything, and I think I should have just kept my mouth shut here, but here in America, if you order a Bigmac, and get a whopper jr, most people arent just gonna be content that they got something, rather then nothing. PPCs still has not replied to my messages, and I clearly ordered something that was certain brand, and recieved an "alternative". thats false advertising, its a completely different brand.

With youre example of Alu or delrin caps for blocks, thats a lil different, they are still screws, although they are made of different material, and you may have preferred one or the other, they still perform the job the same, they are screws. And I know what you may be thinking, same thing with my coolant? Well no, I imagine "Alphacola" and Feser have somewhat different ingredients, I can sure tell by looking at the bottle, the Feser is slightly darker in color, so just by that small change in ingredients, it makes the 2 completely different for their use, and remember, I paid $16 a bottle for the Feser, but recieved Alphacola, which on most sites I could actually find it on, retailed for $6-$10.

I will try and post better pics when its completed, but that will be a while, because I just bought my first car, and it needs some work, including a new heater core most likely, its a 1991 Ford Taurus 130k miles, v6 3.8L, the heater doesnt work, and either does the windshield wipers. Anyways, thanks alot for all youre comments guys.

MaXXimus
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Hmmm interesting read on the Feser problem. I think maybe I need to order it from somewhere else then... I would want to be sure I am actually getting what I paid for.

@ Waterlogged... you purchased a Ferrari and it looks like a Hyundai when its delivered it to you, will you still be happy?

Waterlogged
02-22-2008, 11:54 AM
You guys are miss understanding my post. Alphacool (Alpha Cola) is the same fluid that's in the Feser bottle. I believe that Feser sold it's fluids through Alphacool for years before deciding to sell it themselves. It just a different bottle....and my UK reference was to ppl getting screwed by Overclockers.UK routinely sending the wrong stuff, I'm very American.

That res I spoke of was the Alphacool coolplex. They originally sold with alum end caps and then Alpha decided to switch over to delrin. P-PCs was still showing the alum caps pic for a few weeks after that, then switched over to a pic of the delrin caps, even though they were still shipping alum versions. I believe they now have only delrin in stock. I don't see how that is any different than this. :shrug:

I could care less about Ferrari, as long as I get something that performs well, who cares what name is on it.

joecop120
02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I just bought my first car, and it needs some work, including a new heater core most likely, its a 1991 Ford Taurus 130k miles, v6 3.8L, the heater doesnt work, and either does the windshield wipers. Anyways, thanks alot for all youre comments guys.

Well it should be fine if you dont drive in the cold nor the rain! :up:

I still miss that case :( , but at least you made it look great!

Oh yeah, some a$$hat keeps sending me second chance offers on it too, even though I know you have it. I just keep toying with them to see if they will ever uncover their identity without me giving mine up.