PDA

View Full Version : Third loop, need advice,ideas.

Eddie3dfx
02-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Well I'm redesigning my case with some new parts and making a few changes here and there.

First Loop would be completely isolated for the cpu
So it would go MCR320>D5>ApogeeGT>EK 150 resevoir>mcr320
(I am going to mount the mcr320 directly to the bottom of the v2000, cutting the bottom out and installing 2 homemade acrylic shrouds. EK resevoir would be mounted above the rear 120mm intake fan near those perforated holes. This way the loop would be as short as possible (4-5 feet, if that)
I may change the apogee gt for either ek supreme or d-tek fuzion/nozzles.

Second Loop is also rearranged. I picked up an innovatek eheim pps with built in resevoir.
Innovatek Eheim HPPS pump(full power)> Maze4 (nb)>DD Koosah>going to top mcr220>Swiftech Mcw30>DD Aquadrive (hardrive)>pump
The issue is, would the pump be strong enough to handle those blocks. The power mode does have 13feet of strength, but I don't have any graphs to back it up against multiple blocks.
I'm pretty sure the dd aquadrive is not very restrictive, because it seems to just have a straight flow with 2 90degree delrin turns.
Or, the other option is to move the maze 4 to the 3rd loop.

Third Loop This one is a little tricky, because aluminum is involved.
Innovatek Radi Radiator > D5-B> Aqua ramplex > Aqua ramplex > Micro Res > Radiator
Or throw the maze 4 down on this block, but then I'm mixing alum and copper :down:
Unfortunately in the Gigabyte p35c board, there are 6 banks of ram modules, with a space in between, so 7. Basically to run in dual channel mode, they are spaced 4 apart, so 5 spaces, which means a 4 ram cooler would not grab both sticks, like the mips freezer. Yes, i do want my ram-blocks watercooled ;)

The last part is the installation and venting of air.
I will remove all the components and turn the case over, drill the rivets out, and mount the mcr320 fans directly to the bottom of the case for cold air intake.

On the non windowed side panel, I will cut 2 120mm holes with a hole saw for the innovatek radiator and mount it directly on the inside to the case.

The rear 2 80mm fans will be taken out and I will cut a hole there for a 120mm fan, since it does fit. This will be one output. Another idea is to cut one more hole in the non windowed side pane for another 120mm fan but an exit fan.