PDA

View Full Version : The rebirth of a dead TJ07

ladderman
02-14-2008, 04:51 AM
After I bent two CPU socket pins and KILLED my EVGA 680i board. I thought I’d post some pictures of the rebirth of this cursed rig lol. Almost took 3 months to get this thing back to life.

This time I’ve gone with the P5K Premium Black Pearl, which is a great overclocking board. She’s running at 3.4HGz rock solid with CPU idle temps 27c, full load 44c, the 8800GTX stays around 40c. I’m only using an E6600 B2, with 6400 ram so I didn’t try to go for a massive overclock.

I’ve used blue UV tubing with Zalman ZM-G200 coolant. One 500ml bottle is enough for two loops because it mixes with 2 litres of distilled water. It has a life span of 1 year so it cuts down on coolant change, and you don’t get a build up of gunk like you do with UV dies. I’ll be using black Tygon on my next build

Loop 1: EK Res > D5 pump > PA120.3 > Fuzion > EK 8800-GTK-FC > Res
Loop 2: EK Res > D5 pump > BIP 240 > EK Mosfet rev3 > EK Mosfet rev3 > EK NB rev1 > SB rev1 > Res

I’ve got the T-Balancer + Sensor hub hooked up with 12 temp sensors. I’ll be adding a SF800 after I’ve recorded loads of temps, then when I do add it I’ll know how much effect it has on the CPU and GPU temps. The cable management could be a lot tidier. Now that I’ve got everything running ok I think I might sleeve the temp probes.

septim
02-14-2008, 06:14 AM
very blue, nice color...

nice rebirth...

RockfordFosgate
02-14-2008, 06:42 AM
I like this blue looks so cool ;)

disruptfam
02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
another awesome tj07

AndyM
02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Looks great!

Can I put a request in for some more photos of the BIP in the roof? I'm toying with the idea of splitting my loop up with a BIP cooled chipset/mosfet loop like yours.

ladderman
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Looks great!

Can I put a request in for some more photos of the BIP in the roof? I'm toying with the idea of splitting my loop up with a BIP cooled chipset/mosfet loop like yours.

I’ll post some later when I’ve got some time. First I’ve got to cook a romantic for my wife because it’s Valentines day. Got to keep the lady happy.

Fujimitsu
02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
I like the blue color, beautiful job.

Although I wouldn't trust the coolant anymore than any other pre-mixed coolant, still go for a regular cleaning/flush every few months. It's going to leave something behind most likely.. I doubt it contains anything strikingly different than other brands of coolant.

InfamousChu
02-14-2008, 08:39 AM
looks great! thos OCZ FlexXLC look great too bad they dont have 1/2 barbs on them!

ladderman
02-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Looks great!

Here is the link to how I fitted the top rad for my 680i. You will notice that the fans are at the bottom on that build. All I did for this build was put the fans on the top to give me extra room when sliding the motherboard in and out.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145943

ladderman
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I like the blue color, beautiful job.

Although I wouldn't trust the coolant anymore than any other pre-mixed coolant, still go for a regular cleaning/flush every few months. It's going to leave something behind most likely.. I doubt it contains anything strikingly different than other brands of coolant.

Yes I agree with you that its better to change you fluid every few months just to be on the safe side. I was only pointing out what the manufacturer says on the bottle.

I intend to change my fluid every three months.

Fujimitsu
02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes I agree with you that its better to change you fluid every few months just to be on the safe side. I was only pointing out what the manufacturer says on the bottle.

I intend to change my fluid every three months.

Good idea. Manufacturers say a lot of things! Most of the time they're either embelishments or outright lies, especially in the PC world.

rioja
02-15-2008, 12:43 PM
excellent!
but i can't see, how did you mount res?

ladderman
02-15-2008, 10:33 PM
excellent!
but i can't see, how did you mount res?

I made two brackets out of some aluminium. Then drilled and threaded the holes to match the holes on the bays.

AndyM
02-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Here is the link to how I fitted the top rad for my 680i.

Thanks for the guide! I'm thinking now how well those thin 120x20mm Yate Loon fans (http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120x120x20mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12C-Low-Speed-pr-3825.html) might work through a BIP and the stock mesh. Although I'm just doing some chipset stuff, hmmm. I could do regular fans as you did, but I want things kinda roomy still. Also, where to put another D5 for a seperate CPU loop needs some thought (I want D-Tek nozzles). I'm thinking of a 9 watt MCP350 for the chipset on the motherboard tray, but an extra D5 to spit the video and cpu...:shrug:

0xdeadbeef
02-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the guide! I'm thinking now how well those thin 120x20mm Yate Loon fans (http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120x120x20mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12C-Low-Speed-pr-3825.html) might work through a BIP and the stock mesh. Although I'm just doing some chipset stuff, hmmm. I could do regular fans as you did, but I want things kinda roomy still. Also, where to put another D5 for a seperate CPU loop needs some thought (I want D-Tek nozzles). I'm thinking of a 9 watt MCP350 for the chipset on the motherboard tray, but an extra D5 to spit the video and cpu...:shrug:

With these low profile fans you have space to mount the thicker MCR220 instead of a BIPII on the top.

Polizei
02-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Not a huge fan of smart coils, but those look good on there. :up:

Nice rig. Like the color.

nealh
02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I like this blue looks so cool ;)

me too

lior307
02-17-2008, 08:31 AM
WOW looks great can you upload pic of the Radiator place

ladderman
02-17-2008, 10:40 AM
WOW looks great can you upload pic of the Radiator place

I’m not sure which rad you are referring too. I’ve already given a link earlier in this thread about the top rad.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145943

AndyM
02-17-2008, 10:44 AM
With these low profile fans you have space to mount the thicker MCR220 instead of a BIPII on the top.

Hey, great idea! Gotta check how thick the MCR's are again.

Edit: MCR's are 9mm wider than BIP's...so the whole mess would be 4mm thicker, drat.

0xdeadbeef
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey, great idea! Gotta check how thick the MCR's are again.

Edit: MCR's are 9mm wider than BIP's...so the whole mess would be 4mm thicker, drat.

I think your measurements are wrong. The MCR220 is 34mm wide and my BIPII (also on the top of my TJ07) is exactly 29mm wide.

You can easily mount the MCR220 on the top if you use 20mm low profile fans. You cannot do the same if you're using standard 25mm fans, however.

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCRad-220/mcr220-SCHEMATIC-300X339.gif

AndyM
02-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I think your measurements are wrong. The MCR220 is 34mm wide and my BIPII (also on the top of my TJ07) is exactly 29mm wide.

You can easily mount the MCR220 on the top if you use 20mm low profile fans. You cannot do the same if you're using standard 25mm fans, however.

Hmm, I guess I gotta actually measure that BIPI I have around here. The specs page at Petra's says that the BIPII is 25mm. I'd mock this up to see but I dont want to pull my machine apart just yet. That MCR idea sure is sweet though.

0xdeadbeef
02-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Hmm, I guess I gotta actually measure that BIPI I have around here. The specs page at Petra's says that the BIPII is 25mm. I'd mock this up to see but I dont want to pull my machine apart just yet. That MCR idea sure is sweet though.

Yeah, I know the specs is 25mm but that's across the core inside the radiator. With the outside shell BIP is 29mm. You can fit the MCR220 easily with 2-4mm clearance to the mobo.

AndyM
02-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I did some more thinking on this...and man, am I a Thermochill fanboy, lol!

I am now considering instead of a roof mounted rad using a BIP/MCR/whathaveyou...going with a PA120.1 mounted in the 5.25 bay area. Quick rundown...Lain-Li 343B 3 bay fan housing, PA120.1, an extra D5 to keep the flow going with this idea and added D-Tek nozzles (keeping it all 1 loop), moving my modd'ed HDD housing out of the 5.25 area to the mid-floor, cut that down to hold 2 drives should I get an 8800 GTX sized video card in the future, add a bunch of work and ta-da...even more overkill cooling :clap:

I'm still in the air about the newly added radiator exhaust going into the MB area...I like the way my setup keeps that area nice and cool with the rads down below as it is now.

Ok, back to topic...again, nice setup Ladderman!

disruptfam
02-18-2008, 08:04 PM
loving this setup ladderman small thing that is bothering me a lil lol.

Could you cable the gfx power connectors straight down :) then this build will be perfect. I think i have osd or something lol lol