PDA

View Full Version : Zalman RESERATOR XT Reviews...

Lungliang
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
:D

http://www.intomod.com/review/2008/watercool/zalman/rxt/001.jpg

Zalman RESERATOR XT Reviews...

http://www.intomod.com/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=6527

lowfat
02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I really highly doubt anyone one these forums would ever use a Reserator.

jadeskye
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
i dunno. i'd be interested in one for a smaller system. maybe a htpc where i can quickly and easily install a silent cooling system.

but again, it's just as likely i'd just build one myself.

taowulf
02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Zalman sure does make great LOOKING stuff.

Scubar
02-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Yea they do look really nice, but the radiators and pump and tubing used inside the box is really tiny. wouldnt be able to handle much heatload.

LockBreaker
02-14-2008, 02:35 AM
I was thinking about buying one of these in my early, non-experienced age. That was when I was young and stupid.

Those were great times. :p:

Then I discovered XS. :)

septim
02-14-2008, 06:20 AM
before, its a zalman this or thermaltake that, which ever was available, just to get the feel of liquid cooling,

then comes XS reading and some issues regarding this and that
so its forget this and that...

now its all about DangerDen, Swiftec, EK, dTek...

Kosior
02-14-2008, 06:44 AM
I wanted to buy this thing once..... but then I've discovered the XS Forums.... too bad :D

Xilikon
02-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Kosior, it's a blessing actually ;)

Those kits is great for those who wanted to dip in the WC world but be prepared to have some headaches and average performance which isn't worth the cost of the unit.

Fujimitsu
02-14-2008, 07:59 AM
If it was cheaper I'd buy one for a small/simple PC. Good for someone who doesn't have the modding spirit :P. But the cost is just too much to justify for that performance.

NaeKuh
02-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Zalman sure does make great LOOKING stuff.

id rather hire a custom builder and build a copper reserator.

dude... you only mix metals if you never ran into corrosion, or never seen someone who ran into corrosion.

otherwise you would never look at mixing metals.

Kenaida
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
If you want something external, take a look at a Asetek Waterchill Xternal unit.. Copper rad, copper blocks etc.

I bought one of these units last year (I could of got a high end do it yaself kit), but I am only cooling CPU at the moment, which is plenty and did not want to mess around making space in the case etc. Overall I am quite happy with the setup.

What I did, couple tubing adaptors, from 10mm OD to 10mm ID so that I could use my Fuzion block. But compared to the Fuzion and the Asetek block, there is bugger all difference in temps. Main reason I changed waterblocks is that I do not like the push in tube fitting on the Asetek block (although there was no leaks for a few months, still prefer having the tubing go over a bard and then clamped as a precaution).

NaeKuh
02-14-2008, 07:41 PM
If you want something external, take a look at a Asetek Waterchill Xternal unit.. Copper rad, copper blocks etc.

XS has something better...

its called the NewLS1 Waterkeg. And its TONS better, expecially if you get the extreme version.

Look at front xs page... b4 the forums.

Surago
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Ack, i have one of these, however i must say i am in the process of slowly removing it from my system.

Nice things about it are the general looks of the unit, for a first timer taking a dip into the watercooling scene it was very very easy to setup and install. However for the cost of the unit i would surely hope so.

If only i knew then what i knew now, i would have been able to get a custom setup with reasonable spec'd equipment far cheaper than this unit. Which is why i say i'm slowly removing it from my system and replacing it with better equipment.

If you are a fan of dust blowers then i would suggest to anyone considering this unit to just get a high end AirCooler as a high end air cooler will provide similar performance. Only advantage this has over high end air coolers is its relatively quiet.

It honestly needs to be 1/2 the price, then it would be something to consider. I've learned from my mistake, when i brought it there was minimal information on it around here. Oh well, my system is substantially quieter than it was under an air cooler.

At this stage of things, this is how i would list the pros and cons of the unit:

Pros:

Easy to setup and install. (Quick release connectors certainly are handy.)

Quiet - (When compared to air coolers with high speed fans)

Cons:

Expensive (Very). A custom spec'd water cooling system could be purchased cheaper and provide superior cooling performance.

Cooling performance is only marginally better (if at all) than a high end Air cooler (i.e. Thermalright Ultra Extreme) with high speed fan.

Tiny Tubing: The tubing is tiny, and doesn't give you that masculine feel. :P

Mixed Metals: The CPU block that comes with it uses mixed metals, not sure of the interals inside the reserator.

Lungliang
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks...:D :D

Lungliang
02-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Upupupupup!