PDA

View Full Version : BD7II - AC97 $ LAN proglems...please help

oc jason
07-15-2002, 09:30 AM
I have just got a Abit BD7II with onboard AC97 sound and also onboard LAN. After installing the board and setting BIOS to FAIL-SAFE and also tried OPTIMIZED SETTINGS. Select the AC97 and the LAN to Auto. Install the drivers off of the Abit install CD and it says it has been installed and reboots. But the sound nor the LAN will every work. I currently have a Creative SC and a NIC in teh PCI slots, but i would rather use the onbard stuff since that is what i got the board for.

What else do i gotta do to get this to work.

Jupiler
07-15-2002, 12:38 PM
I don't get it. You installed the AC97 drivers to use the onboard sound and at the same time, still have the Creative card in your system?
Same for the LAN/NIC.
Try removing and uninstalling the drivers for both the Creative soundcard an NIC.

oc jason
07-16-2002, 11:11 AM
you sure dont get it

i installed the mobo and after installing XP clean. I installed teh LAN and SOUND drivers off of the Abit CD. Enalbed them as AUTO in BIOS, but it will never work. I hd to install a SC and NIC just to get online.

I reinstalled windows last night without the SC and NIC, and still the onboard stuff will not work. It was a REFURB from Newegg ?

Jupiler
07-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by oc jason
I currently have a Creative SC and a NIC in teh PCI slots, but i would rather use the onbard stuff since that is what i got the board for.

What else do i gotta do to get this to work.

because of this phrase, I didn't get it.
I thought you had the cards in the PCI slots and tried to install the onboard stuff at the same time.
Have you tried manually assigning IRQ's? Or doesn't give XP any problems with that?
Maybe it's a board problem, after all, it's refurb, you never know.
I'd RMA the board and get another one.

CSHawkeye81
07-16-2002, 05:37 PM
hey whatsup oc jason, i rember you posting that on the oc forums that sucks man.

PiLsY
07-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Set pci to Fix 33mhz in softmenu 3. Sorts it out straight away. Got 3 BD7-ii 's and an IT7 here and they all suffer from the same thing. Pain in the ass but at least ive got a separate benchmark partition so I can just disable all the crap and crank it up to fix 44 ;).

PiLsY.

UaZa
07-19-2002, 08:53 PM
So thats true?
the onboard sound wont work with anything more than 33mhz pci?
:(