PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me a case..... (EDITED rad sizes)

Statts
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi all.

I'm having alot of trouble finding a case to suit my needs. Here's my criteria (in order of importance):

* Must fit MCR320 and PA120.2 dual loop all internally
* Must be window on the left (case sits on right side of my desk)
* Not looking for a bank-breaker, ie TJ07 (Eq. of US$324 here in Oz)

That's about it I think. Also, I'm not too keen on the earlier Stacker 810 either

Thanks in advance for your fine suggestions!

SNiiPE_DoGG
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
you kinda killed all your otions right there, but i would suggest the Lian Li pc g70, you could do a short PSU and maybe fit an mcr320 and do pa120.3 in the top.

if you couldnt fit the mcr320 you could do a 120.2 in the bottom with a long PSU

Kayin
02-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Build your own. My new case will be able to fit 2x320 in the roof and 2 BI GT 2x120 in the front. As well as all the hardware, pumps, everything in one unit. I didn't like MM's lack of fit&finish, so I just started my own. Cheaper. too.

FallenCow
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Coolermaster is supposedly coming out w/ a new version of the cosmos that'll support a triple fan rad. You can always add your own window.

leo_bsb
02-11-2008, 04:00 PM
lian li G70W, check my sig

vengance_01
02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
If you have access to tools and are not looking for Bling, buy the biggest Full tower and just mod it. Also why do you need 2 120.3 rads? Completely overkill.

Agent11
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Get a big chemning full tower and mod it to taste.

Statts
02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
you kinda killed all your otions right there, but i would suggest the Lian Li pc g70, you could do a short PSU and maybe fit an mcr320 and do pa120.3 in the top.

if you couldnt fit the mcr320 you could do a 120.2 in the bottom with a long PSU

That model doesn't appear on the Lian-Li website. Is it still current? Had a look around google at it. Damn, it's huge.

Kayin;2765158']Build your own. My new case will be able to fit 2x320 in the roof and 2 BI GT 2x120 in the front. As well as all the hardware, pumps, everything in one unit. I didn't like MM's lack of fit&finish, so I just started my own. Cheaper. too.

Trying to stay away from DIY. If I do this, the cost will blow out ridiculously and I will never be happy with the end result.

Coolermaster is supposedly coming out w/ a new version of the cosmos that'll support a triple fan rad. You can always add your own window.

I am eagerly awaiting a closer look at this, though from the pics I have seen, I'm still not sure where I'd put the PA120.3

lian li G70W, check my sig

or you can go green....build environment friendly case....J/K

Am keeping a close eye on your thread mate, looks good, though as I said, the case might be too big for me, but we will see.

If you have access to tools and are not looking for Bling, buy the biggest Full tower and just mod it. Also why do you need 2 120.3 rads? Completely overkill.

Yet to see anything second hand that is suitable, but have my eyes open. Rads are MCR320 and PA120.2, sorry, edited first post. MCR320 is for CPU (E6850) and GPU (G92) and PA120.2 is for Chipset and mosfet blocks.

Get a big chemning full tower and mod it to taste.

See above, keeping a look out for big second hand cases.

EDIT: Sorry guys, got my parts numbers wrong in my first post. The Thermochill is PA120.2 (this is currently cooling CPU, GPU and Chipset in my Tt Armor case)

lowfat
02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
How about a Stacker 830/832?

lennox
02-11-2008, 07:18 PM
have to place my vote for a G70 also : ) plenty of room for a 3x120 and 2x120

biglipzit
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
What are those big square monstrosities i see guys putting miles of piping into in this section of the forums? Isn't that what your looking for!

Nate P.
02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
What are those big square monstrosities i see guys putting miles of piping into in this section of the forums? Isn't that what your looking for!
Mountain Mods (http://mountainmods.com/).

Yeknom
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
And the Lian-Li cubes.

Meatpuppet
02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
If you are not opposed to waiting for a bit, the aforementioned Coolermaster COSMOS S will top mount a swiftech MCR320 without modification. Moreover they "stacker-ized" the front of the case so you can certainly put a 120.2 in the wealth of drive bays unless you have an obscene number of HDD and 5.25 devices. I guess the only knock is that I think they fed it the ugly stick. But to each their own.

Breezyjr
02-12-2008, 04:12 AM
I second the vote for the mountain Mods cases. They are more than your budget, but if you save up a bit you can do an "almost" complete custom... well actually you could do up your own drawings for a complete custom.

I just picked up a UFO Duality case, comes with the ability to run 2 full ATX systems, and room for 2 pa-120.3 rads. I'll probably post some pics of my build soon. Still in the middle of building, but so far I like the room this case has.

Although, in retrospect I wish I went with a non dual system. My original thought was to put my gaming rig on one side, and my home server on the other. But, not sure I'll still do that.

With the custom choices, and pick the right parts, you'd have room for 3 pa-120.3 rads.

just my $0.02 worth. Good luck with your search.

I have 2 stacker case, and a silverstone TJ-07, and a thermaltake Mozart Tx case sitting around as extra, but I don't think I can sell them to you, as I don't have my 100 posts, and I think the rules say I can't offer it outside of the For sale forums. Don't want to break any rules in my first week.....

But, if it's allowed (And Mods feel free to edit this post if needed) let me know if you're interested in either of those cases.

But, I'll double check the forum rules, if this is not allowed, I won't do it. Like I said, don't want to break any rules my first week.

take care,
breezyjr

NoobCake
02-12-2008, 04:28 AM
+ 1 to mountain mods, i love them, but unfortunately i can't get it cause the stupid shipping is insane!!!

if too much, i like the stacker 810, dam so spacious