PDA

View Full Version : easy pin modding

majormav
08-18-2003, 06:07 AM
first of all thanks to the people and the contributors to www.ocinside.de for whom without there superb guide i couldent have pinmodded my own chips along with the 1000s of others who have used the guide .
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A GUIDE ONLY ... MODIFICATIONS ARE DONE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK

After trying to wire the pins together and making a total mess(not easy for a mans hands) the thought of wiring the socket hole pins didnt appeal to me. theres other guides on the net that shows how to do the wiring mods .The way i like to do the pinmods is definately the easiest way for me and i suspect many others who pin mod there chips to different default speeds and voltages.

TOOLS AND MATERIALS USED
conductive paint (see pic 1) available at most motorspare stores
kebab skewer (see pic 2) or similar
masking tape or card if required

if you have a steady hand you may be able to just draw in the trace without any extra help (see pic 3) and after your first few mods this will probably be the way that you do them . However the task for the first attempt or two seems a bit daunting so a little help is required .Heres where the masking tape or card comes in handy (see pic 4) its surprising how much easier it is to see which pins need joining and guideing the paint to where its needed becomes(see pic 5).However accidents do happen and if you apply a little too much paint you may see something like (see pic 6) if this happens dont worry and dont try to clean immedietly leave it a few minutes to partially dry then get a clean skewer and slide it inbetween pins to remove the excess paint (see pic 7) once cleaned off you should have a nice join of the pins (see pic 8) continue until all pins that need tracing are done and you get to your required multiplyer, voltage etc

IFMU
08-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Very nice MM.
Never thought about using tape like that though... could have made some things pretty easy Im sure. ;)

Hardass
08-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Outstanding, going to be a big help!:toast:

DaGooch
08-18-2003, 06:21 AM
Has anyone correlated the pins with the SMP mod by any chance?

Jen
08-18-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by DaGoochMeister
Has anyone correlated the pins with the SMP mod by any chance?

i been wondering the same thing myself

Jen