PDA

View Full Version : An Ode to your favorite game... Ever

bullet2urbrain
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey all,

I just finished running through yet another iteration of my favorite game ever, Chrono Trigger...

the game simply blows me away everytime i play it, the graphics for SNES and the sheer depth of game... as well as the amount of work... its worth every penny of the 75 dollar asking price...

So that being said whats your favorite game ever?!?!?!?!?

Mine: Chrono Trigger SNES

Soulburner
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
That was always one of my favorites. I have seen all 13 possible endings, multiple times over.

Since my SNES stopped outputting color several years ago though I resorted to playing via an emulator (ZSNES) with a PS2 gamepad.

The only other SNES game that I possibly spent more time on...was Final Fantasy III. We're talking hundreds of hours...maybe even thousands.

Those two games are ingrained into my brain & my DNA forever.

TSXmike
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
whoa... 13 different endings!

ive only seen 2...

back to work i go...

Paladin
02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Die Hard Trilogy on PS1, specifically the FPS lightgun airport area.

alexio
02-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Dungeon keeper 1 ;)

YukonTrooper
02-10-2008, 03:42 PM
SNES - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

bullet2urbrain
02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
SNES - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

What Happened to Mario Kart 64??? ;)

Although twas a good change :D

YukonTrooper
02-10-2008, 06:22 PM
What Happened to Mario Kart 64??? ;)

Although twas a good change :D
Haha, that's funny. Originally I put Mario Kart 64 because I played it consistently through many years with many friends, and therefore is the most memorable game I have ever played. But then I remembered being even younger playing A Link to the Past. I was so enveloped in the atmosphere it offered being a kid and all. It's the game I have the greatest personal connection to, so it tops Mario Kart 64 ever so slightly.

Battle_Rattle
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Global Operations by Crave

From 2002

The greatest first person shooter ever made (if you think differently, I will fight you)... perfect team play, awesome maps, perfect movement, physics and gun modeling.

http://www.thelostparadise.com/globalopsgame/index.html

Pyriel
02-12-2008, 09:45 AM
The first Alien Vs Predator game on pc(~1998). You could play as the predator/alien/marine. Playing through as a marine on hard made me pretty quick/good at other shooters because the aliens moved soo fast and the game was dark. You had to be a good shot to get the aliens before they got you.

Chrono Trigger, FF3 , and FF7 were all great games too

Eldonko
02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I wasted more time on Everquest 1 than any game I've ever played. I had to get rid of my account and get on with my life lol.

munim
02-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Doom 2 was the first game I ever played. It was pretty damn badass.

Jowy Atreides
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Chrono Trigger also

and Suikoden 1, 2 and 5
finally star ocean 3

all these games are godly RPGs

M4D_H4773R
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Donkey Kong Country

superbowtie
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Perfect Dark for N64, and Delta Force 2 for PC

Perfect Dark the single player was ok but where PD shined was in the multiplayer. With the expansion card in the N64 there was a ton of options with various bots to fight and challenges that kept you busy for a Long time. Plus unlike Goldeneye you could team up with your friends against bots that were equally skilled unlike most FPS.

And finally for PC, Delta Force 2 best sniping game Ever made. had elevation drop, wind, tracers, HUGE no Fcking HUGE maps. once had a 2,548 meter kill with a .50 cal. :shocked: IF they just redid the graphics they'd have a hit today. ghillie suits and grass/weeds to craw in and it was 2001 :ROTF: If someone would just put the cry engine to good use...:up:

coyotetu
02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Perfect Dark for N64, and Delta Force 2 for PC

Perfect Dark the single player was ok but where PD shined was in the multiplayer. With the expansion card in the N64 there was a ton of options with various bots to fight and challenges that kept you busy for a Long time. Plus unlike Goldeneye you could team up with your friends against bots that were equally skilled unlike most FPS.

Ah yes, Perfect Dark 64, fantastic game, often underrated, one of my favorites as well.

My choice could only be KotOR 1 for the Xbox, I played that game several times. My first run through was ~280 hours long, whereas most would run through it in less than 80, I chose to savor it. If only there were a true successor to this masterpiece. I suppose Mass Effect is it.

RAW-Raptor22
02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Battlefield 1942
Also Gran Turismo and Air Combat (and later Ace Combat iterations)

superbowtie
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
This stinks the more I think about it the more I remember all the good games I’ve grown up with and played! I still have under my TV a N64; IF my ps2 wasn't dead I’d have that there too. todays industry focus is all about graphics and not gameplay. Oblivion would probably be the only exception in my mind.

:ROTF: anyone remember Castle of the winds? Great game if you had a 486 to pII machine.

btw bullet2urbrain, I’ve have two degree's from Hocking. I’m possibly going to open a computer repair shop in Athens, I currently live in Gallipolis. Small world huh.

bullet2urbrain
02-29-2008, 10:33 AM
This stinks the more I think about it the more I remember all the good games I’ve grown up with and played! I still have under my TV a N64; IF my ps2 wasn't dead I’d have that there too. todays industry focus is all about graphics and not gameplay. Oblivion would probably be the only exception in my mind.

:ROTF: anyone remember Castle of the winds? Great game if you had a 486 to pII machine.

btw bullet2urbrain, I’ve have two degree's from Hocking. I’m possibly going to open a computer repair shop in Athens, I currently live in Gallipolis. Small world huh.

Aye, it is a small world after all, we take a ride to gallipolis, every "reading" day from University ( its the day before finals start) to get some Remo's Hot Dogs and hit up one of the local bars and get a bucket of bud lights.

Graphics and EYe candy fuel alot of what we see here, heck i know its how i got started overclocking ~5 years or more ago... i wanted to be able to run Rogue Spear even faster.

#su
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
my favorite game is definitely the original rainbow six. i'm a huge FPS fan and that game was just perfect. no game will beat the original R6 maps. rogue spear was close to being just as good. every rainbow six game after rs was just too complicated for me :p:

Starscream
03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Max Payne 1 and 2

2 of the best games ever, It had the bullet time thing wich u didnt rly need but the story was grt it actualy pulled me in and it had a few nice twists. Also the narrating was kick ass how Max described his situations and feelings.

Some will say that the stuff he says si cheap or whatever but i thought it rocked and i havent seen many games with such good writing.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Payne

RAW-Raptor22
03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Max Payne 1 and 2

2 of the best games ever, It had the bullet time thing wich u didnt rly need but the story was grt it actualy pulled me in and it had a few nice twists. Also the narrating was kick ass how Max described his situations and feelings.

Some will say that the stuff he says si cheap or whatever but i thought it rocked and i havent seen many games with such good writing.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Max_Payne

I might check that out, they are only $10 on steam... :up:

Soulburner
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Max Payne 2 was an awesome game.

Starscream
03-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Raptor22;2826145']I might check that out, they are only $10 on steam... :up:

Dunno for shure but i remember reading something that it doesnt run under Vista.
Dunno if its true nor know if u run vista but just a small warning but for 10 bucks you cant go wrong, it is a pretty long game, the story kicks ass the characters r good and the dialogue n stuff is grt.
I hope this alan wake crap is exactly like Max Payne else il b pissed

RAW-Raptor22
03-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Dunno for shure but i remember reading something that it doesnt run under Vista.
Dunno if its true nor know if u run vista but just a small warning but for 10 bucks you cant go wrong, it is a pretty long game, the story kicks ass the characters r good and the dialogue n stuff is grt.
I hope this alan wake crap is exactly like Max Payne else il b pissed

I got XP64 so I dont have to worry, and I think if you buy max payne on Steam it works on vista. Its the 'security' measures on the original that are incompatible. (i think)

Raptor

jmilcher
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey all,

I just finished running through yet another iteration of my favorite game ever, Chrono Trigger...

the game simply blows me away everytime i play it, the graphics for SNES and the sheer depth of game... as well as the amount of work... its worth every penny of the 75 dollar asking price...

So that being said whats your favorite game ever?!?!?!?!?

Mine: Chrono Trigger SNES

Was that the original price or thegoing price? I have 3 copies I liked it so much lol

JaYp146
03-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Deus Ex, anyone? :)

bullet2urbrain
03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Was that the original price or thegoing price? I have 3 copies I liked it so much lol

That was the price, back when i was avidly playing my SNES, and wanted a copy.

However that was probably 1997? maybe? :confused:

.OCX
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Goldeneye - N64 - First multiplayer FPS game I ever played in college. Didn't have a PC at the time, but my buddy from Seattle did with HL, and Unreal 99 on it. John Harp from SBU, cool ass dude we destroyed his HDD thinking it was bad, when he got home he found out he had some bad memory lol. I think that was 1999 or around there.

ReverendMaynard
03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Blazing Lazers - TG16

Jaivan
03-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Bahamut Lagoon - SNES

B.E.E.F.
03-26-2008, 08:50 PM
FF7. I really hope a remake is in the works.

First game I really played, all the way through.

Prozzac
04-12-2008, 06:55 PM

The best game ever, i'm still playing it!
My avatar rules:worship:

Swatrecon_
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd go with Morrowind. That game sucked down my summer 2 years ago. Oblivion was good, but it really lacked the storyline element that Morrowind had. Maybe it's just that Morrowind was the first really open-world game that I played. That really was cool for me. Now you see it left and right, but then it was a novelty to me.

Decami
04-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Die Hard Trilogy on PS1, specifically the FPS lightgun airport area.

omg huzzah, that game was so fun back in the day.

I will have to say, when it comes to the most fun I have ever had with a game, its def mario kart for SNES, omg so much fun playing with other people back then, wow. Mario Kart 64 was also amazing.

Repoman
05-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I've probably spent the most time on FFX (my first FF so it was amazing), Socom2 online for PS2, and maybe CS:S. I wouldn't call any of those my favorite though..

That goes to Spyro the Dragon, random ass choice I know but the environments and atmosphere of that one get me every time I've played through since the first time, like 8 or 9 years ago.

Jor3lBR
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Star Wars X-Wing :yepp:

Played that game on a monochrome screen WITHOUT a mouse!

Was such fun get in a Star Destroyer blind spot with a tiny ship (usually on the exhausts) and spend 4 hours to destroy it with lasers :ROTF:

skynet666
05-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont know if anyone will know this game. Creatures for commodore 64, one of my first and favorite games, and also, wonderboy 3 the dragons trap for sms. I still enjoy playing them now under emulation. The soundtrack for these games are stuck in my head forever

jspace
05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Deus Ex, anyone? :)
Hellz yeah! My favorite FPS.
Anyone remember Total Annihilation? I think I spent more time getting units to work than actually playing:D

NRGRaVeR
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Little Big Adventure 2 for PC.... Greatest Game Ever :D:D

Razor_Blade
08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Chrono Trigger and FFVII for me. Those 2 games made me a gamer for life.

Spitphire
09-02-2008, 04:03 AM
Primal for PS2

Rise
09-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Fallout.

Can't wait for Fallout 3 (October 28th!!!)

drtitanium0
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Metal Gear Solid 2, just because of the amazing story line. Other than that I'm a big Halo buff. I am currently about half way through HL2 and that has been pretty good so far too. The game I most enjoyed playing with other people was Super Smash Bros. for N64, it was the first video game I ever played and it was the only video game I played for 3 years after I discovered it.

Lestat
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Street Fighter all of them, i dont care if its the SF EX 3D version. it was still street fighter and a kick a$$ game.

i am just estatic about SF IV
its got the big characters like SF Alpha did.the videos make it look like the action is pretty slow though.
maybe its just the video.

sai
09-25-2008, 05:33 AM
Doom 2 - PC
Secret of Mana - SNES
Mortal Kombat 2 - SNES
Goldeneye - N64
Mario Kart 64 - N64

wtkprol
10-07-2008, 07:53 PM
As far as the having the most impact on my life the Halo trilogy has to take the crown.

I have spent countless and I mean countless hours on Xbox Live playing these games.

Lvl 50 in 2 & 3 and over 4,000 EXP. :P

ownage
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Wolfenstein ET
-Oblivion
-Fallout 3

Gunlance
10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I'd go with Morrowind. That game sucked down my summer 2 years ago. Oblivion was good, but it really lacked the storyline element that Morrowind had. Maybe it's just that Morrowind was the first really open-world game that I played. That really was cool for me. Now you see it left and right, but then it was a novelty to me.

+1 :up:

Jimmer411
11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
The best game ever, i'm still playing it!
My avatar rules:worship:

OMFG I was just thinking about that game the other day, hoping someone made a PPC version and couldnt remember the name! That game owned my 8th grade year!

Ive been gaming since the NES days and owned every major console, sep 360 and ps3.

NES - Duck hunt, Mario 2 and 3 and excitebike consumed my childhood

Genisis - Phantasy star 4 and Streets of rage and road rash!

32X - I purchased one with money saved from walking dogs just for DOOM!

N64 - Goldeneye 007 is possibly the greatest game Ive ever played. I played it every day for nearly 3 years with my friends, beat every challenge as well. PD was an awesome game, but came out way too late in the n64s life and didnt run nearly as smooth as 007. Smash bros is another all time fave, Im untouchable with ness still ;) Cant forget Zelda OOT either.

PS1 - FF7 and Xenogears and FF Tactics are my all time favs, and the start of a very big RPG addiction. I remember having a demo disc with MGS and playing it for days before buying the game.

GBC - Pokemon red...dear god half my high school played that game, massive tournaments at lunch and after school. Im not a pokemon fan, but those gameboy games are addicting, I wish someone could replicate it on a newer system.

Dreamcast - Phantasy star online...I played countless hours, even offline.

PC - FF11 online, consumed nearly 3 years of my life.

PS2 - Metalgear solid and FF10 by far

Snes - FF3 and Chronotrigger by far. I played them at friends houses when I was younger and didnt actually own a SNES till my wife gave me one about a 2 years ago! I still play super metriod as well!

Thats kinda in the order that I got the systems from what I can remember, tho Ive owned multiple ones of several (replaced as they were broken and stolen) I currently own all of them except: Genisis, 32x, DC and GBC.

RAW-Raptor22
11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
OMFG I was just thinking about that game the other day, hoping someone made a PPC version and couldnt remember the name! That game owned my 8th grade year!

Ive been gaming since the NES days and owned every major console, sep 360 and ps3.

NES - Duck hunt, Mario 2 and 3 and excitebike consumed my childhood

Genisis - Phantasy star 4 and Streets of rage and road rash!

32X - I purchased one with money saved from walking dogs just for DOOM!

N64 - Goldeneye 007 is possibly the greatest game Ive ever played. I played it every day for nearly 3 years with my friends, beat every challenge as well. PD was an awesome game, but came out way too late in the n64s life and didnt run nearly as smooth as 007. Smash bros is another all time fave, Im untouchable with ness still ;) Cant forget Zelda OOT either.

PS1 - FF7 and Xenogears and FF Tactics are my all time favs, and the start of a very big RPG addiction. I remember having a demo disc with MGS and playing it for days before buying the game.

GBC - Pokemon red...dear god half my high school played that game, massive tournaments at lunch and after school. Im not a pokemon fan, but those gameboy games are addicting, I wish someone could replicate it on a newer system.

Dreamcast - Phantasy star online...I played countless hours, even offline.

PC - FF11 online, consumed nearly 3 years of my life.

PS2 - Metalgear solid and FF10 by far

Snes - FF3 and Chronotrigger by far. I played them at friends houses when I was younger and didnt actually own a SNES till my wife gave me one about a 2 years ago! I still play super metriod as well!

Thats kinda in the order that I got the systems from what I can remember, tho Ive owned multiple ones of several (replaced as they were broken and stolen) I currently own all of them except: Genisis, 32x, DC and GBC.

I played that when I was six... :p:

Computurd
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
TOTAL ANNIHILATION took the best years of my life from me, but left me with my avatar!

Chris_redfield
11-10-2009, 02:48 AM
I liked total annihalation. Did anyone play the fantasy spin off kingdoms? I think I prefered that one now that I think about it, mainly just because of the setting though.

How come no one has mentioned Half Life yet!?

Half Life is probably my favourite game/series. Because there is no stupid spin off puzzle/lightgun/racing/beat 'em up hand held game in the series. Every single game (even the add on packs for the first one,) is worth playing through to the end. When Half Life 1 came out on the PC I didn't have a PC that was able to run it, so I had to play it on my Dad's laptop. I didn't have a mouse for the laptop so even adjusted myself to using the stupid nipple thing that IBM laptops used to have in order to play through the game.

I love the Final Fantasy games (but cannot forgive Square for X-2.) And I also really like the resi games (more a cash cow for capcom now more than anything, whats with all the stupid lightgun games, and whilst 5 was fun, it was more action game than horror, they really are trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.) Its interesting to see so many people mention Chrono Trigger that wasn't released here until recently as part of a compelation and as a result is worth quite a bit. I've never played it but as so many people are citing it as amazing I might have to find a copy somehow.

Doom 2, Body Harvest, Goldeneye, Duke Nukem, Warcraft 2, Deus Ex, Shenmue (PLEASE SEGA FINISH THIS SERIES FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!) Project X, Apidya and Burai Fighter all deserve honourable mentions. Oh and the original GTA, I shudder when I think of how many hours I lost to that game.